1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Htc one battery problem after water damage

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by reexx, Jul 10, 2016.

1. reexx

reexx Lurker
    None

Jul 10, 2016
    Female
    I've had my htc one m8 for three weeks and managed to drop it down the toilet I put the phone straight into rice and left it for a day only after I read online I should have left it for longer but my phone came out working fine the only problem was watermarks inside the screen which I can live with so I put the phone on charge for about half an hour and it went up to 4% yet after it died and I put it back onto charge it goes to 1% and remains this way yet every now and then I'll get an explanation mark on the battery sign whilst it's charging or a red x But then it will go back to charging I also noticed an orange light that keeps flashing (I do not have an android charger so it does usually charge a bit slower but not to this extent) yet I have tried multiple chargers I dint really know what to do so I decided to put it back into rice and see if it makes a difference (which I doubt) is there any solution to this and if I was to get it repaired what would the problem be? Water damage, a new battery or the adapter? I also checked my battery usage type thing and it said overheated with a red bar next to it? Thankyou for any help

Advertisement

2. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    @reexx
    WELCOME TO ANDROID FORUMS!

Unfortunately,it would not be cost effective to repair this phone,you'd be better off getting another M8 or whatever catches your eye.
    Reason being,a sealed phone such as this is time-consuming to repair,as the well-respected site ifixit rated it a 2 on a scale of 1-10,w/10 being the easiest to repair.

Factor in the cost for parts & you'd be better off getting a replacement device,as there is no guarantee the phone would work for an extended period of time even if the repairs were successful.

reexx likes this.
  3. reexx

reexx Lurker
    None

Jul 10, 2016
    Female
    The phone is now charging but it's took 5 hours to get to 50% would this still be the case?

4. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    How well is your phone holding up?
    Any lingering issues?

5. reexx

reexx Lurker
    None

Jul 10, 2016
    Female
    It's working fine in itself the only issue is it's taking forever to charge and then it's dying at around 93-95% do you think getting the battery replaced will fix this or would it just be a waste?

#5 reexx, Jul 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2016