• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC ONE - exchange mail "Failed to create account" error

tamak

Lurker
Sep 12, 2015
Great forum here, I'm hopeful someone can steer me in the right direction since Google has so far, failed me...

I have an HTC One (the original model, I think released in 2013?) Just started a new job in job for a government agency and we use exchange mail and support tons of android and iOS users, though I don't know for certain that any of the other users are using this same HTC one...

I have entered all the correct information in the fields for Exchange mail account setup and it appears to clear the first hurdle and validate the credentials / login and i get to setup 2, the page where you choose what exactly to sync (contacts, mail, tasks, etc. etc.) and after I click finish setup I get (after a brief wait) "failed to create account".

I checked my available storage and I've got 20+ gigs available, I thought it may be due to the app preferences I've modified since I got the device, so I went to settings > apps and chose reset app preferences and un-hid all the bloat ware that came with the phone just in case that was the issue.

I also tested a couple of other exchange mail apps and hit a similar brick wall when it comes to finally getting to the point where the account is created on my device and I can actually SEE the email synced.

The exchange account exists and is setup properly, I have confirmed I have the most up to date version of AT&T's HTC One lollipop version ( android 5.02 and HTC sense 6.0 )... I also turned OFF developer mode from tests I do on some android apps I developed a few months ago...

My question is has anyone else dealt with this and if so what do you think I need to check next? Is it the case that this phone, a few years old, is one I'll need to upgrade in order to use exchange mail?

Thanks for any help / advice. Hoping its not time to just bit the bullet and get an iPhone since I have ended up becoming a fan of the macbook pro that Im posting this from.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones