• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

htc one m4 brick :(

is this even possible to unbrick? it doesnt appear connected on abd. like is this fixable or just a lost cause? just checking since you can see its been like this since jan 29 2014
1798772_1608217036067788_7677945914726950380_n.jpg

Thanks for the shout out. :)

Yeah, yet another HTC brought back to life just tonight.

Hmmm - an HTC One Mini (M4), yeah?

OK, before we begin, tell me what it's doing, and what you've done to get it so it doesn't boot up.

Leave nothing out.

If you flashed anything or followed any previous guides, please provide thread links - not raw download links - thread links.

And correct - it's not going to connect with adb while on hboot as it is now. Whatever you're trying to do with adb in that state - don't.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
honestly looking at that it just looks like the os was wiped.im not sure but if theres a custom rom for this and you have a custom recovery you should be able to find a way to put the custom rom on your external (assuming this has an external slot) or if you have twrp you should be able to get it to connect that way start mass storage put the custom rom zip on and install thru twrp.if you have cwm i dunno,if you have neither need to rethink.

not trying to steal your thunder early,just saw this and decided to chime in <3

Upvote 0
honestly looking at that it just looks like the os was wiped.im not sure but if theres a custom rom for this and you have a custom recovery you should be able to find a way to put the custom rom on your external (assuming this has an external slot) or if you have twrp you should be able to get it to connect that way start mass storage put the custom rom zip on and install thru twrp.if you have cwm i dunno,if you have neither need to rethink.

not trying to steal your thunder early,just saw this and decided to chime in <3
No, that's fine. :)

You seem to have the answers already where I had questions based on doing this a few times, please, take it from here. :)

PS to @funkylogik - fixed iowabowtech's name for you, I'm far from the only or best HTC expert, post deleted and pm sent per your request.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I can only go based on what I know from my HTC one unless he loaded a backup like I did though it should have an os listed.each HTC one is a slight different but the same concept should still apply especially since they all seem to use the same boot loader system
Yeah.

Why don't you let me take this one then?
I wiped my own rom files away and did not have a back up while installing a new rom :/

Do you have a working custom recovery still? TWRP or CWM?

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
It's not a hard brick yet, you can still get to the bootloader.

Get our Mini-SDK

http://androidforums.com/threads/adb-guide-updated-2014-11-11.443072/#post-5389081

Get a proper recovery -

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2602132

Put it in the same folder where you unzipped fastboot to.

Put your phone in FASTBOOT mode, it'll highlight that. Plug the phone into the pc so that the highlighted text says FASTBOOT USB.

Right shift click on the folder containing fastboot and the TWRP recovery you just downloaded. Say -

fastboot flash recovery name-of-the-recovery-file

It should say ok.

If not, post a screen shot.

If yes, unplug phone and try to go into recovery using volume keys and power as indicated on the phone screen.

If it comes up with the Team Win screen and menu then you just need to install a rom.

I'm done for today, it's past midnight, see you tomorrow!

Upvote 0
would it be possible to resume yourself from the very start and being more detail on the steps to unbricking. like from installing mini-sdk to what it is you do after that , downloading the twerp that would be use to adding a ROM to my device which was totally erased. to after tell me how dafuq do I even set the twerp so that it does install on my device.Also is it required to have a otg or flash drive for adb to be able to read the device? currently adb is not reading that there is a device plugged to my laptop and my phone doees say say ''Fastboot Usb'' when I hold (power+volume down) and plugging it to pc. is there a way to correct that issue so when using sdk-adb to fix things up my device is readable? Also knowing that any of the options under ''Fastboot'' just shows 3 little android robots for quick delay and goes back to menu when click into,is it really doing nothing? so yeah basiclly I need more in depth instructions to this.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure what more detail you want.

Forget adb, it's not important right now.

Get the Mini-SDK from the link above, follow the instructions in the Mini-SDK post.

Get the c:\sdk-tools folder as instructed.

Get the TWRP recovery as linked. Put it into c:\sdk-tools

Get a command window to c:\sdk-tools and in it, as instructed above - while the phone is in FASTBOOT USB mode, say -

fastboot flash recovery name-of-open-recovery-file-you-downloaded

I'll appreciate you not throwing your dafuqs at me.

I've given detailed, step by step instructions.

I don't know what part isn't clear unless you calm down and ask specifically.

And I can't help you if you have so many preconceived adb ideas that you're not listening.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones