• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

htc one m7 will not boot

jumpinjack

Lurker
Oct 29, 2014
I've seen a bunch of threads about issues with the HTC ONE M7/8 getting stuck in the bootloader or on the initial screen, but nothing exactly like the issue I have. I have a sprint htc one m7 that I was trying to convert to tmobile with cyanagenmod but finally gave up. I found a stock rom for the phone and flashed my phone with it. It worked fine and when I booted up I went ahead and did an OTA update to get a later version of android. This also seemed to work fine, but did not get me up to 4.4 so I did another OTA. This time it did not reboot correctly. It gets an initial htc screen and then gets stuck on a second htc screen with htc being green and the word beats down below being purple. When I boot it up into the bootloader by holding the power button and volume down, I get the HBOOT screen that says tampered and unlocked, with a bunch of options like fastboot, recovery, factory reset, etc. No mater what I choose, it always ends up stuck on the htc screen. During the many times I have tried, I recall seeing a message that says it cannot find the /sdcard / directory. I have the sdk installed on my laptop, but adb no longer will list the phone as a device. I tried removing the htc driver and reinstalling, but no difference. Any other helpful hints? Thanks loads...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones