• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC One M8 Can't Install Marshmallow

D

Deleted User

I've been trying to install Android Marshmallow onto my for a while now, and it seems to come up with a load of errors messages when it tries installing.

I've attached an image showing what it always shows, any help would be great thanks!
12528623_10209366805189643_517876184_o.jpg

ChiuC

Hi,

I'm not completely sure to be honest, when my device saying it's ready to install update Ijust press install, the dvice then retsrats then shows that (Image from first post).
What solutions do you know I can do, how do I update my firmware etc.?

Upvote 0
Yeah my phone was running Lollipop; just to keep you informed now, I'm not updating it through flash I don't think? I'm just updating my device through settings>about>software updates

Also, when I follow through with the xda forum post, will it completely wipe my device?

Upvote 0
@chiuc Looks like the OTA update package you downloaded maybe just got corrupted, have you tried to re-download and install first? Unless the OTA works, the process of updating may not be that easy (I'm assuming that you are completely stock and have not modified your phone in any way, based on your original post and the answers you gave above - feel free to correct me if that's wrong).

@consolenut I realise you're trying to help which is good, but not if the advice isn't right though. The OP will not be able to use one of the modified no-wipe zips or FUUs unless he has gained s-off - if he is s-on then he needs a completely unmodified, signed RUU that matches his modelid and O2 as his CID (for x.xx.206.x version) and even then you can't flash a firmware package through custom recovery either. And the only non-US carrier unmodified, signed RUU zip I have managed to find is for WWE variants only - a carrier specific one for O2 doesn't exist as far as I can find anyway.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@saltire
I haven't modified my phone in anyway apart from that I got it unlocked so it could work with any SIM Card.

My phone was bought from O2 (A UK Phone Servicer Provider). You know any possible soulutions I could do in order to install Marshmallow; I've already tried re-downloading and installing the update multiple times and it seems to get me no where.

Upvote 0
Ok, good to get that confirmed. Yep, I'm in UK so got the O2 bit. Have you kept trying the install from phone booted normally, that is from software update screen and/or notification drop down? If so, I'd try booting to the stock recovery and trying the option in there to install the OTA in case it works first.

Otherwise, unless we can track down an O2 specific RUU that is signed and unmodified, the process to get successfully updated is going to be a bit more involved.

Upvote 0
Hmm, ok I will see what I can turn up in terms of searching for a signed RUU package - but I'm not that optimistic about find one that's UK carrier specific. There is a way that you can get updated but is not without some risk, could void any warranty you have and involves unlocking, rooting the phone and gaining s-off. The s-off element will be necessary to manually flash a firmware package, so that you can then run a Marshmallow ROM. I'm not trying to put you off though, just making you aware.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones