1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC One M8 In Call volume always defaults to low

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Theresa Molloy, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Theresa Molloy

Hi, this is my second HTC M8. I'm a big fan of HTC :)

When I receive a call the volume is always too low and I always have to increase the in call volume before I can hear. This fixes the problem, but how do i get the default In Call volume to stay increased please ?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. smitty543

smitty543 Android Enthusiast

We have what MAY be a similar problem. Namely for unexplained reasons the volume is low, or off, although we have done nothing to make the change from original volume settings.

3. Theresa Molloy

As far as I can make out, there are options to change volume for Ringtone, Music and vids, Alarms and Notifications. I cannot find an option to change "in call" volume, only during a call and I cannot get it to stay at the loudest volume, it always defaults to low volume when I get the next call.

4. gg_man

gg_man Lurker

Hi there,

May I know your software number (Settings > About > Software information > Software number) and the carrier you use?
    Normally, once you set the in-call volume, it keeps to all calls until you change it again.
    Do you use any profile setting apps?
    You may try to make calls in safe mode to see if the in-call volume always reset to be low. If the issue disappears in safe mode, it means the issue is caused by 3rd party apps.
    (Safe mode: Long press the power key and then long press "Power off" in the phone options. Press "RESTART/OK" in the pop-up message to get into safe mode. All 3-party apps will be temporarily stopped in safe mode. You may leave safe mode by a normal rebooting.)

5. Jo Blo

Jo Blo Lurker

Sadly this seems to be a hardware issue. When my one m8 was new you didn't even need the speakerphone to hear the incoming call if it was away from your ear. A couple of weeks ago I noticed a severe degradation in the in call volume. First I thought my hearing was going. Then I went through all the tests, settings, diagnostics, physical configurations and nothing really worked. I finally compared the in call volume on my m8 to my wife cheapy cell phone and the difference was so pronounced I decided it had to be a hardware issue.
    After a whole lot of BS with Verizon and Asurion, their insurance for covering damaged or lost phones, they finally relented and sent me a replacement. But that's another story.
    I am awaiting the replacement.

HTC One M8 Forum

The HTC One M8 release date was March 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 4MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2600mAh battery.

March 2014
Release Date
Reviews