• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Htc one m8 or droid maxx

jbigdog23

Lurker
Jan 11, 2012
I'm trying to decide what to get for my next phone on verizon. I love the look and feel of the m8 and htc sense but it basically boils down to battery and camera. But I also like the droid maxx's active notification features. Does the verizon m8 have the normal power saver mode? So which should I get?

Not even close.... Get the M8. Newer phone, still gets good battery life and great build. The M8 camera is said to be it's only major weakness but from what ive seen and read it is still decent. Moto is known for sub par cameras anyway. The M8 does have offer a power save feature as well. As for active notifications you can use an app called dynamic notifications which will give you the same active notification options.

Upvote 0
I am trying to decide what I should get for my next phone on verizon. The droid maxx(not razr). Or the htc one m8? Thoughts?

I have a Maxx and I love it. That said, if I were deciding today, I might go with the M8. I keep my phones the full two years, so, if I bought today, that would mean that the Maxx would be a full 2 years 7 months since it was released. My big concerns with the HTC One last year when I purchased:

- the same technology age issue: the Maxx was brand new, the One was out for several months

- last year's One had a much smaller battery, and I knew I'd be kicking myself and going through strategies to keep my phone charged through a full day. This year's One sounds much better for battery life

- this may be the reason why I'd still get a Maxx: I live and have a summer home in areas with very weak mobile signals. (Maybe the only two places in New England where Verizon is bad - just my luck - though GSM signals on AT&T and T-Mobile are actually worse.) Motorola makes great radios compared with the other three big Android manufacturers.

One other big pro for the HTC One, if this stuff means anything to you, is that there will likely be a lot more third party accessories that work with the HTC One compared with the Maxx. The number of cases, etc., for the Maxx are pretty paltry.

I haven't really used an HTC One, so I can't say from experience, but the Maxx is a great phone, particularly if you value battery life. Based on the reviews I've seen of the HTC One, you probably won't go wrong with either phone. Go to the store and try them both out. Maybe one will jump out to you as a better phone for you.

Upvote 0
HTC One M8.

Better in pretty much every aspect, if your concerned about battery life I wouldn't be as the HTC One M8 has shown itself to be a good performer, also comes with power saving mode for when you need it to last.

One thing I can't comment on is camera quality, I've never looked at camera comparisons of the droid maxx, never had a reason to as it's not available here.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones