1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC One M8 Rainbow pixel screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Annaconda62, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Annaconda62

Annaconda62 Lurker

I've just replaced my HTC One M8 digitizer assembley and the phone will not boot up and just displays a rainbow array of pixels covering the screen. Picture below.
    Does anyone know what might cause this. Before I replaced the screen I replaced the SIM card assembly and tested before I reassembled the phone. In the process of re-assembly I tore the ribbon that was attached to the screen, hence the need for a new digitizer assembly. I've checked over and over to see if there's a loose cable or damaged part but to no avail.
    Can anyone give some advice?

Regards, Mark HTC One M8 Screen.jpg

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Main logic board or something else is zapped possibly? Did you take any anti-static precautions during the repair, like a grounded wrist-strap?

3. Annaconda62

Annaconda62 Lurker

Damn it! I'm an ex-BT engineer and should know better. I didn't use ASP so I might well have blown something. Grrrr

I originally opened it up to fix the speaker then I had to replace the sim card holder. Tested and worked. I put it back together and it wouldn't recognise the sim so I put in a new sim card holder and tested before putting it back together and it worked so I put it back and it didn't work. D'Oh! Took it apart again and notice the copper ribbon to the digitizer had torn. Ordered new digitizer and here we are.

Looks like a new phone needed.

Thanks for your help.

Mark

dontpanicbobby likes this.
  4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Mark, I'm an ex-BT engineer as well, and notices like this were very familiar to us. des-06722_3_5_1.jpeg

Mike in China.

dontpanicbobby likes this.
  5. Annaconda62

Annaconda62 Lurker

Ahh! the lovely anti-static notices. I used to have an ESP wristband on constantly. I'm kicking myself now. How to trash your phone 101. D'Oh!

Mark

HTC One M8 Forum

The HTC One M8 release date was March 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 4MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2600mAh battery.

March 2014
Release Date
Reviews