• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC One M8 Rainbow pixel screen

Annaconda62

Lurker
Jun 22, 2017
I've just replaced my HTC One M8 digitizer assembley and the phone will not boot up and just displays a rainbow array of pixels covering the screen. Picture below.
Does anyone know what might cause this. Before I replaced the screen I replaced the SIM card assembly and tested before I reassembled the phone. In the process of re-assembly I tore the ribbon that was attached to the screen, hence the need for a new digitizer assembly. I've checked over and over to see if there's a loose cable or damaged part but to no avail.
Can anyone give some advice?

Regards, Mark
HTC One M8 Screen.jpg

Main logic board or something else is zapped possibly? Did you take any anti-static precautions during the repair, like a grounded wrist-strap?

Damn it! I'm an ex-BT engineer and should know better. I didn't use ASP so I might well have blown something. Grrrr

I originally opened it up to fix the speaker then I had to replace the sim card holder. Tested and worked. I put it back together and it wouldn't recognise the sim so I put in a new sim card holder and tested before putting it back together and it worked so I put it back and it didn't work. D'Oh! Took it apart again and notice the copper ribbon to the digitizer had torn. Ordered new digitizer and here we are.

Looks like a new phone needed.

Thanks for your help.

Mark

Reactions: dontpanicbobby
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones