1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC one M8 stuck on HTC boot screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by christina8890, Jan 12, 2016.

1. christina8890

christina8890 Newbie

Hi,

So short and simple:
    I have a HTC one M8; I am new to all this and tried to manually unlock my HTC so it would accept any network. I used the Squabbis toolkit and followed various instructions on XDA. I managed to get through all that successfully and my device showed unlocked and S-On on my boot menu. (I now know that I had actually unlocked the bootloader)

I was today playing around on my HTC recovery menu as my phone would still not connect to a mobile network; I could get internet data connection etc but not messages or calls. This is when I assumed the phone was bricked so I again went online looking for a solution; I saw the instruction to wipe the dalvik cache which I managed to do; but then I turned my back for a moment and my 2 year old bless her had gotten hold of my phone on recovery mode; I don't know what she pressed but now I am stuck on the HTC screen whenever I try to turn the phone on. I have tried soft reset, factory reset, power down but nothing!

I think the phone was initially on 02; I bought it from gumtree.

I have no idea what to do! Someone has kindly suggested flashing a custom ROM as I currently have Team Win Recovery Project active on my phone so that's the recovery menu I get.

Any step by step guide would be very helpfull and very much appreciated. 20160112_225528.jpg

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. christina8890

christina8890 Newbie

3. alexanderm01

alexanderm01 Lurker

Out of curiousity, how did you fix this? Having a similar problem!

4. TheRealRH

TheRealRH Lurker

You're using an older version of twrp it should be 2.8.7.0 and btw who's your carrier?

5. christina8890

christina8890 Newbie

Its ok i have managed to solve the issue with the help of another member and a custom ROM. Carrier was 02

HTC One M8 Forum

The HTC One M8 release date was March 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 4MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2600mAh battery.

March 2014
Release Date
Reviews