• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC One M8 - Stuck On Welcome Screen Loop

DontBeSnide

Lurker
Apr 10, 2018
So my HTC One M8 ran out of battery and I didn't have a charger with me. Once I got home and charged my phone I turned it on and it seemed like it reset but I still had my backgrounds and pin code on my device. I unlocked the phone and was greeted with a "Welcome" screen (This is the screen that lets you setup your phone when you first get it, however I've had this phone for awhile now). I completed everything that it told me to, I pressed finish and now it stuck in a loop where once I finish the options it brings me back to the start. Not only that but multiple applications say they are not responding, those too are also on a constant loop and I can only get rid of them by pressing "OK". If anyone knows how to fix this problem without a factory reset it would be greatly appreciated but I feel like it is completely broken.

The picture below is what I am talking about in line 3-4 in case you didn't know.

Attachments

• Broken Phone.png
    Broken Phone.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 337

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones