1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC One M8 - Won't register on network

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by christina8890, Jan 13, 2016.

1. christina8890

christina8890 Newbie

Hi,

I have an issue with my HTC One M8 (bought via gumtree)

I have entered a new sim card into the phone which was on 02 with its last owner; when I try to put my sim card in I can get internet mobile data but cannot call or text etc.

When manually trying to connect to a network the phone says your sim card does not allow a connection to this network but then sometimes it says connected and I can get on apps and internet but can't call or text.

I have tried factory reset, different sim, making sure APN is correct but still no luck!

I also checked the IMEI encase I was sold a stolen phone but the IMEI check came back with no issues.

Any ideas anyone?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

It does sound like it's blacklisted, did you check with your carrier directly about it, or used something else?

3. christina8890

christina8890 Newbie

I used an online website and paid £1.99 for a full report which showed all the specs for the phone and whether it had been reported stolen and whether the IMEI had any issues.

Everything came back clear.

I'm not sure what to do about it....
    If it is blacklisted is it pretty much useless?

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Can you try it with a different SIM, different carrier. Did you use CheckMend to verify it? Depending on how recently it was reported stolen or missing, or possibly attached to a delinquent contract, it might not be reported to the agent yet. But if indeed it's blacklisted, it's pretty much useless as a phone. And likely only the original owner can get it cleared, like reporting it found to their carrier.

5. christina8890

christina8890 Newbie

I have tried my own sim (giffgaff) and a 3 sim and both will not connect.

I think it was IMEI.Info or something the site I used.

The previous owner is now not responding to my messages or calls (typical)

HTC One M8 Forum

The HTC One M8 release date was March 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 4MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2600mAh battery.

March 2014
Release Date
Reviews