• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC One M9 GPS issues.

anto81092

Lurker
Aug 19, 2016
Hi everyone!

So, I've had an HTC One M7 for a while and recently decided to upgrade to an M9. About a month before upgrading my M7 started to have issues with it's GPS. It always knew where I was but it couldn't track me at all for navigating on Google Maps, it wasn't working in other apps like, Pokemon GO. I didn't pay too much mind into it since the phone was a couple years old and I was gonna upgrade anyways. I got my M9 this week and to my surprise, the same exact thing is happening. I have my settings on high accuracy, have reset the phone, went to an older firmware on the google maps app, and nothing has worked. I even got an app that was recommended called, "GPS Status & Toolbox" and even when I use that app it says it's still searching for signal. I would appreciate any and all help as this is very frustrating considering how much I depend on my gps when I'm travelling.

Hi, you mention a phone reset but have you tried a 'wipe cache partition'?.

If not, it may be worthwhile giving it a go as shown here :-

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-31522

A 'wipe cache partition' has cleared various glitches/problems for me on both an M9 and an M7.

:)

UPDATE

I have just gone through the procedure as I noticed a recent amendment to it made by the author (4th August) and there is a discrepancy when applied to my M9 :-

Step 11 is 5 presses of the volume down button

As long as the correct option is highlighted at each step there is no problem :).

I can only assume that it depends on the software version - I'm currently running Android 6.0/Sense 7.0 and it's a long time since I last did a 'wipe cache partition', and at that time the procedure as given was correct for my M9 :thinking:.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones