1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Htc one m9 issue :(

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Tails22135, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Tails22135

Tails22135 Lurker
    None

Apr 17, 2016
    Male
    S****horpe
    Hey all sorry if this is a noob question but I'm stumped. Picked up a htc one m9 last night (love it!) But discovered it's got twrp installed with no root access. I want it to be on stock firmware but when i try to execute the command to flash it comes up with the error (cannot load rom.zip) or any other name i rename it. It's running s-on but i just want factory Android loaded to it. I don't no if this recovery has anything to do with it but the boomsound is greyed out in the settings with headphones attached and there's no option to check for firmware updates please help!

Advertisement

2. vulcangrey

vulcangrey Member
    None

Dec 14, 2011
    Male
    Colorado
    So it was obviously bootloader unlocked and the the boot image was changed. The M9 can tell, and will no longer allow the phone to take an OTA.

Each version of TWRP might not work with a newer ROM (depending on the firmware version), so you'll have to figure out which version of TWRP it has, and which version of the firmware it has, flash that older version RUU that matches the phone's current firmware, and then you can flash the newest RUU after that. This is what I had to do to go backwards a version after Sprint updated my phone with an OTA and that version didn't work with my car stereo.

Read this, this is for the Sprint version, so find whichever RUU you need for your carrier.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/sprint-one-m9/development/ruu-sprint-htc-one-m9-1-32-651-17-t3073355

3. Tails22135

Tails22135 Lurker
    None

Apr 17, 2016
    Male
    S****horpe
    Thanks for the response dude unfortunately i can't remember the version of twrp which was installed so as much fun as it would be doing trial and error i bit my tongue and bought a used m8 until upgrade time next month where I'll get HTC 10. Going to sell the m9 but quick question if the new owner successfully loads a new RUU to it will it do a full wipe? As all my stuffs still on it.

4. vulcangrey

vulcangrey Member
    None

Dec 14, 2011
    Male
    Colorado
    An RUU will wipe the phone, but they might be able to get the data before that. You could load into the bootloader and wipe it from there before selling, or wipe from TWRP. If you can still boot into the TWRP recovery, it'll say which version.

5. Tails22135

Tails22135 Lurker
    None

Apr 17, 2016
    Male
    S****horpe
    I'll try to find a couple of twrp versions later on to try and flash onto it after all I've got nothing to loose! Ha I can't erase data in its current form as there's no option to and no recovery available

HTC One M9

The HTC One M9 is the company's 2015 flagship smartphone. Its specs include a Snapdragon 810 chipset, 5-inch 1080p display, 3GB of RAM, a 20MP rear camera paired with an UltraPixel front camera, 2,840mAh battery, and more.
Tags: