• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Htc one m9 overheating

Deadtouch

Lurker
Jul 16, 2016
My one m9 has always gotten a little hot, but after 5 mins of Pokemon go (indoors not outdoors) my phone was showing temps of 113f. I was looking into these graphene cooling pads for your phones, do these things actually work? And if not, are there and custom phone cases with built in fans or some other solution to my problem?

My one m9 has always gotten a little hot, but after 5 mins of Pokemon go (indoors not outdoors) my phone was showing temps of 113f. I was looking into these graphene cooling pads for your phones, do these things actually work? And if not, are there and custom phone cases with built in fans or some other solution to my problem?

I don't think that you need those cooling things. How many apps does the phone run when in use?
Keep in mind that the more apps you use at the time or run on the background, phone RAM and battery are used more, therefore it heats up. Have you tried closing everything which you're not using, meaning, sign out or just go offline/force stop/disable the app, then run only PokemonGO and see how it goes? Have you had this issue before when you were not using PokemonGO?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones