• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC ONE M9 - ROM issue

Not sure if I am in the right place as I am new here but here it goes. I have a htc one m9 that I just got and previously I was the proud owner of the M7 series and a boy that worked at my IT Store rooted and unlocked everything on my m7 (he wanted to and I had less experience with phones than him) but anyways now I began to free up the new one m9 I just got. This is what I did. Unlocked the boot loader, rooted the phone, and installed twrp version 3.0 on it. then I began to try to install Android Revolution Rom nougat 7.1 and thats when the problems began. I didn't realize untill way later that I should have turned S-Off. I have tried reinstalling the original stock rom and firmware but to no avail. Have tried to S-Off using sunshine and two others but because their is no OS I failed at it. Anyways The phone is not too far gone yet but it is obviously beyond my knowledge as I have spent 2 days nonstop at this. I have atleast 15 yrs experience in IT and Computer but little experience with this phone stuff, but I have more than a basic knowledge. I am asking someone here if they could help me with this and I although I am disabled now from an accident and dont have alot of money, I am willing to pay someone or donate some money to this forum for anyone who can remote connect to my computer with me in front of it to help me take care of this. My name is David and please contact me if you can help. I am out of a phone till this is taken care of. this is the info from my phone using getvar to see the info.

(bootloader) kernel: lk
(bootloader) product: htc_himaulatt
(bootloader) version: 1.0
(bootloader) imei: 357227060835467
(bootloader) version-main: 2.6.502.18
(bootloader) boot-mode: download
(bootloader) version-baseband: 01.01_U11440601_72.02.50602A_F
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.0.0.0000
(bootloader) mid: 0PJA11000
(bootloader) cid: CWS__001

Carrier is AT&T phone is now Network Unlocked. The only thing that hasn't been donne is S-Off it does boot into download mode and fastboot and Recovery.

Not sure if I am in the right place as I am new here but here it goes. I have a htc one m9 that I just got and previously I was the proud owner of the M7 series and a boy that worked at my IT Store rooted and unlocked everything on my m7 (he wanted to and I had less experience with phones than him) but anyways now I began to free up the new one m9 I just got. This is what I did. Unlocked the boot loader, rooted the phone, and installed twrp version 3.0 on it. then I began to try to install Android Revolution Rom nougat 7.1 and thats when the problems began. I didn't realize untill way later that I should have turned S-Off. I have tried reinstalling the original stock rom and firmware but to no avail. Have tried to S-Off using sunshine and two others but because their is no OS I failed at it. Anyways The phone is not too far gone yet but it is obviously beyond my knowledge as I have spent 2 days nonstop at this. I have atleast 15 yrs experience in IT and Computer but little experience with this phone stuff, but I have more than a basic knowledge. I am asking someone here if they could help me with this and I although I am disabled now from an accident and dont have alot of money, I am willing to pay someone or donate some money to this forum for anyone who can remote connect to my computer with me in front of it to help me take care of this. My name is David and please contact me if you can help. I am out of a phone till this is taken care of. this is the info from my phone using getvar to see the info.

Carrier is AT&T phone is now Network Unlocked. The only thing that hasn't been donne is S-Off it does boot into download mode and fastboot and Recovery.
Check your inbox

Upvote 0

This device was brought back to working order.
http://www.htc.com/us/support/rom-downloads.html#att

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones