1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC One M9

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Fuencest, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Fuencest

Fuencest Lurker

So my friend sold my a HTC One M9 which used to be on contract with ee. He cancelled it before giving it to me. I tried inserting a giffgaff SIM and it said it required an unlock code so i purchased one online and it works. But it says I have limited service?

I can't send texts and calls, and people can send me texts and I won't get them.

I'm fed up of it and I need it fixing soon.

Also, I've tried the SIM in my old iphone 4s and it works perfectly fine. So I know it's not the sim.
    Before I got the unlock code for my phone, I purchased an ee sim card which had £1 already on it to see if that worked as my phone was locked to ee network. It let me on, but it also came up with limited service.

That's why I tried the giffgaff SIM, expecting it to work once I bought the unlock code, but to no look.

How do I fix the limited service problem? I've read that a lot of htc users get this problem and I've tried the solutions but they don't work.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Just to check: since this was a contract phone, did your friend pay off the full contract before selling it to you (i.e. all of the remaining rental on the contract, which with most contracts being 2 years and that phone being no more than 8-9 months old would be a substantial sum)? Or did he just cancel the direct debit (i.e. break the contact)?

This is important because if he did not pay off whatever EE considered he still owed they will have blacklisted the IMEI, which means that the phone will not work on any UK network (at the very least). This would explain what you see, including it not working with EE.

Just want to be sure, because if it's blacklisted nothing we can do will fix that.

AZgl1500 likes this.
  3. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

^^^^^^^

what Hadron said.
    I am willing to betcha that phone is blacklisted and can't be registered to any other network until the contract is paid off, and the 'ee' carrier releases from the Blacklist.

never buy an 'unlock code', it is a scam.... the phones must be released by the carriers.