1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support HTC One Mini built-in messages app sending issue

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by pjnz, Dec 14, 2014.

1. pjnz

pjnz Lurker
    None

Dec 14, 2014
    In all my conversation threads in the messages app I am unable to send a text if the prediction function is on. As soon as I type something 'in the current session' of the thread the prediction function will suggest the current word/next word (as it should) and as soon as that happens the send button cannot be pressed. I can send blank texts and recently opened drafts as long as I haven't typed anything since opening the thread.

When I attempt to press the send button while the prediction bar is showing, the phone will register my press as just being in the general typing area and move the cursor accordingly. Everything works fine when the prediction function is turned off so I am confident the issue is isolated specifically to the prediction function.

Anyone experienced anything like this before? Is there any way I can reinstall the prediction function to see if that makes a difference? I don't really want to do a factory reset if there are other ways I can remedy this issue. I have cleared the messages app cache, changed the language, changed the keyboard type/layout etc.

In potentially related news the words I had added to my personal dictionary disappeared in the last week or so. This sending issue has only been present for the last 6 hours or so.

Advertisement

2. pjnz

pjnz Lurker
    None

Dec 14, 2014
    I don't seem to be able to add any tags but this should have tags like HTC, One, Mini, messages, messaging, sending, prediction, predictive, function, language, keyboard, personal, dictionary