1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

HTC One mp4 download to Win7 not playing

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    I connected my HTC One to a Win7 laptop with the USB cable. Normal Win7 dialogue box pops up. I use Transfer Pics and Video to move files from my HTC One. All files were transferred. Unfortunately I was a trusting idiot and files were deleted from phone during transfer. My pictures are fine but the .mp4 files will not play using Windows Media Player 12.0.7601.18150 or Quicktime Player 7.7.4. Out of desperation I even tried iTunes player. None work. Media Player simply states "WMP encountered a problem while playing the file". QuickTime displays a black screen with no sound or picture but progress bar moves along the bottom until end. Contacted HTC One Chat Help and they essentially told me to Go Fish for an mp4 converter in the ocean of MALWARE where these converters exist. Has anyone run into this problem or have any suggestions about how I can recover these very precious Holiday videos..

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Try VLC. If that plays the files, you can use Audio Record Wizard to capture the audio and save it as mp3.

Or you can search for an mp4 to mp3 converter (and there are tons of them). It's not malware, it's just not something HTC can make money selling. To them, that's worse than malware.