1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC One Professional Reviews

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by digital83, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Just to emphasise, he also says this is the first time he's given a smartphone an editor's choice award.

Advertisement

EarlyMon likes this.
  2. toolwarrior

toolwarrior Well-Known Member

Ok, that just clinched it for me. :D After reading that Anandtech review, I am clearly back in the One camp for my upcoming purchase.

themuffinman75 likes this.
  3. TheSuper

TheSuper Android Enthusiast

Wow, what a review!

A quote from someone else about this review:

Quoted for truth!

4. themuffinman75

themuffinman75 Android Enthusiast

Same here, I was probably gonna get the one anyway but after reading that review, I am as excited as I could ever be. I can't wait until the 19th, only 12 more days to go.

5. emf1138

emf1138 Member

6. toolwarrior

toolwarrior Well-Known Member

:eek: Good heavens!! I can't even get my hands on one, yet, and this guy is smashing his up! Sheesh.....

7. TheSuper

marctronixx and toad6386 like this.
  8. sikclown

sikclown Android Expert

I was yelling at the screen for him to remove the stock messaging app from the launcher inside of the App drawer.... He didn't hear me.

marctronixx and EarlyMon like this.
  9. emf1138

emf1138 Member

Wow, probably the worst software tour I've seen for any device. It's as if he went it to the video already with huge bias against HTC. He sounded very annoyed like he shouldn't be the one that's tasked to perform this review.

10. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Seems worthless to mention this after the Anandtech review, but the Verge have followed-up their earlier rushed hack job, sorry, "review", with another one on the ATT version. HTC One for AT&T: the best Android phone yet? | The Verge

Different reviewer, slightly higher score and the reviewer was clear that he liked it a lot. People here still seem to get much better battery life than Verge reviewers though (comparing "daily use" rather than run-down tests, though the Verge don't actually say what they do with it when they say it lasts them through the day but not into the evening).

Minimal branding, but does contain annoying ATT crapware.

11. Wilkas

Wilkas Android Enthusiast

I'm amazed at some of the reviews of this handset based on the battery, it gets marked down on techradar for it too... I've had as much as 40hrs without charge, wifi on all the time, no power saving and when my use settles down it could be even more. I don't know what the reviewers are doing to run the battery down so quickly but it really isn't an accurate reflection.

12. TheSuper

More extremely positive reviews keep on pouring in.

From Mashable:

http://mashable.com/2013/04/08/htc-one-review/

From Gdgt:

HTC One (2013) review by peter - gdgt

As a result gdgt awarded its highest rating ever to the HTC One and rated it as the best smartphone it has reviewed.

From DigitalVersus:

http://www.digitalversus.com/mobile-phone/htc-one-p15367/test.html

13. TheSuper

Found a couple of recent somewhat critical reviews. Lets face it, it can't be a lovefest every time but it's nice to see what other folk have picked up on and are focussing on.

From an Indian site called Tech2. They did give it an Editors Choice award though:

HTC One Review

From Wired:

Review: HTC One Android Phone for AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile

Are their criticisms justified? The Wired review in particular is ridiculous i feel.

EarlyMon and toad6386 like this.
  14. toad6386

toad6386 Android Enthusiast

I've long thought Wired as being in left field anyway, so I take anything they say with less than a grain of salt. That review just reaffirmed my less than favorable opinion of them.

EarlyMon likes this.
  15. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

From Wired -

As I've thoroughly debunked that in another recent post in this forum with actual figures, I elected to not waste my time further on an article founded on bold-faced lies by a yellow journalist selling sensationalism and trying to cash in by spreading his own pathetic ignorance.

16. toad6386

toad6386 Android Enthusiast

C'mon, now, Early... Stop holding back and tell us how you REALLY feel! ;)

EarlyMon likes this.
  17. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

I'd get fired from staff if I did. :D

toad6386 likes this.
  18. TheSuper

An amazingly positive review from Android Police. Absolutely loved the phone and a top-notch review to boot. Good stuff!

HTC One Deep-Dive Review: The Most Important Smartphone This Year May Also Be The Best

When your review starts with that one sentence you know you have to read until you reach the very end.

Hadron likes this.
  19. sean76

sean76 Android Expert

20. LoyalServant

LoyalServant Android Expert

I just stumbled across this...
    I liked it when he did reviews.. glad to see that he got one in even if he has moved on.

21. sean76

sean76 Android Expert

Yea those was the original phone Dog days a longggggg time ago when Noah was doing reviews from San Fran...ahhhh, the good Ol days...

Ya never know, maybe he's gonna make a comeback, his time at Techno Buffalo was real quick a few months back...

22. aeiou2

aeiou2 Newbie

Question, is Sprint going to change theirs to the Evo like they did the One X from last year or is that a total separate line? Will there even be another Evo because I thought I heard that HTC was trying to only use one brand of top tier phones?

23. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Unlike years past, the Sprint website is referring to this as the One. This might mark the end of the Evo brand, we'll see.

BTW, long time no see! :)

aeiou2 likes this.
  24. TheSuper

HTC One M7 Forum

The HTC One M7 release date was March 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 4MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 600 processor, and 2300mAh battery.

March 2013
Release Date
Reviews
Tags: