• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC One Random WiFi Turn On After System Update

I have recently undergone a system update on my HTC One. For some reason, the phone now turns on it's WiFi at random moments and I don't realize until later that it is on. This is quite annoying and I would like for it to stop but I have no clue as to how to do that. After the system update, however, I agreed to all of the things it asked of me. The phone has also turned on the WiFi when there are no networks available which drains the battery life. Can someone please help me stop this from happening?
Thank you for your help.

Hi, you could try the following procedure to clear your cache partition. I've done it a couple of times on the rare occasions that my One acts strange and it's worked great :-

Power off phone (be sure to turn off fast reboot in settings first). Boot into recovery by holding volume-down key and then holding power key until boot menu appears. Volume down to RECOVERY and tap power to select. HTC logo appears followed by a blank, dim screen. Now, tap all three together: power, volume up and down, and release immediately. You may have to repeat this until you get the timing just right. Black screen appears and sd card error message scrolls. After about ten seconds, recovery menu appears (all in very small font). Volume-down to "wipe cache partition" at bottom of list and tap power key. Cache gets cleared. Then select "reboot system now" by tapping power key again. Done!

Device will now be a little snappier and some quirky behavior that sometimes develops is fixed. May want to do this every month or so to keep things running better, or if device behaving strangely and you want to try a quick fix that may work.

When I first tried it, I didn't quite get the bit about 'tapping power, volume up and down' together but I just kept tapping them in turn and sure enough the black screen appeared, but you could try power and volume up together which makes more sense.

Hope it works for you.

:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones