1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC One S - Can't get bootloader screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by marius483, Jun 9, 2017.

1. marius483

marius483 Lurker

Hello everybody, i have strange issues with this phone, that now i'm going to explain:
    - the phone stuck in a infinite bootloop (this was caused by an installation of supersu binary through massage box supersu given to me, the version of supersu was 2.79 because previously i'd 2.82 caused the message su binary occupied);
    - I can't access the bootloader\recovery\download mode with the combo of button of vol down + power\vol up + power (i tried to timing the pressing, following a thread that i've found on this site, but nothing happen, result is like the bootloader never existed on this phone, and then, when releasing, is like nothing has been do until then).
    Oh, and i tried to install supersu binary leaving supersu do the rest because with the rom i'm having in this phone i was having trouble like freezing, crash glitch. Now i like to know how can i restore it (without losing any memory data like photos, videos,ecc) because like i said i can't access the phone, because of bootlooping, can't access bootloader\recovery cause pressing doesn't working. I'll be very glad to anyone can answer me.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Nothing you do to the ROM should be able to prevent you accessing the bootloader, so this is very odd.

With a HTC there should be no special timing needed. Shut it down, restart while pressing the volume down button and hold it until the bootloader opens. Or press & hold power until it restarts, then press and hold volume down the moment it restarts and keep it held until you get the bootloader. You do not need to hold the power button once it restarts, just volume down.

James L likes this.
  3. marius483

marius483 Lurker

I tried these options, but there's the result:
    - when powering up and hold volume down button, htc screen appear with "this build is for develop. ecc" but after a while it go black, keeping holding, but nothings happen;
    -when restarting, and keeping holding only volume down button, htc screen appear like before, after a while, i see a green\white line on a black screen, and then it reboot, htc screen appear again, waiting go to the loading "deep darkness is loading" but it's a infinite loading.

HTC One S Forum

The HTC One S release date was April 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, MSM8290 processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2012
Release Date
Reviews