1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support HTC One S micro USB Issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by StarMenace, Apr 28, 2012.

1. StarMenace

StarMenace Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 29, 2009
    I have a T-Mobile HTC One S that I received a few days ago. It's been great; however, there seems to be one major flaw with the one I got. The issue is that when plugging in the micro USB cable sometimes it doesn't work, not as in Windows won't recognize the USB device but because it just flashes on/off.

I really don't know how to explain it which is why I just recorded it on an old crappy camera. Even though it's really not in focus most of the time I'm hoping you guys can see what I'm talking about. Sorry, I should've probably narrated at least some but I just wanted to get something out there...

YouTube Link

I've Googled this but haven't found anything. Basically I plug it in either to the wall or the computer and it's the same thing. Last night I had it plugged in all night only to wake up to a dead phone. I was using the cable I got with my Nexus S so I figured that could be the issue although it worked the night before. I used the HTC-provided one and it worked. I was able to charge the phone.

Now, even the HTC cable won't work. I've tried multiple USB ports on the computer, multiple PCs, and even multiple cables/travel chargers. Nothing seems to be working at this moment. Short of returning it and exchanging it, what else would I be able to try? Any ideas out there?

Advertisement

2. charliecrazy

charliecrazy Newbie
    None

Apr 15, 2012
    Sounds like you have a faulty phone, i would send it back and get a replacement

3. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles

Aug 31, 2011
    Skaro
    Yeah, unless all your cables are bad (doubtful) it's probably a charging port issue.

4. StarMenace

StarMenace Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 29, 2009
    Ugh, I kinda figured that. I hate the hassle of exchanging a phone. Hopefully I'll be able to do it in a store and have it done instantly, otherwise sending it in just sucks. Thanks guys.

5. eligolfer

eligolfer Newbie
    None

Oct 1, 2010
    Mine does the same thing. Sometimes it connects sometimes it does not. I use the connection more for charging and pass-through network as my phone does not work well in my office.

A lot of apps are glitchy too, i figured it was just a new phone and new software that needed some kinks worked out...

Tags: