• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HTC One S Stock CWM Nandroid Backups (T-Mobile US)

Installed Trickdroid and trying to get back to stock. When I flash the rooted file from above CWM says aborted.

Any ideas?

Does it say why it was aborted?

You could also try the unrooted one in case there is an issue with the other file and see if that works.

You could also run an RUU.
http://androidforums.com/one-s-all-things-root/560329-ruu-download-mirrors.html
Just pick the appropriate one for your carrier. You also have to relock the bootloader to run it (but you can unlock again after using the original token).

Reactions: mike1000
Upvote 0
FYI, I tried to get the "stock.rooted" nandroid to flash and it aborted for me as well.

-- Installing: /sdcard/stock.rooted.zip
Finding update package...
I:Update location: /sdcard/stock.rooted.zip
Opening update package...
Installing update...
Installation aborted.
result was NULL, message is: assert failed: install_zip("/sdcard/stock.rooted.zip")

I think this wasn't meant to be flashed but instead recovered. I mounted USB storage and went to sdcard\clockworkmod\backup and made a folder there called "stock.rooted"

Then I unzipped all the nandroid files (7 files) from the "stock.rooted.zip" posted here to the stock.rooted folder I just made in sdcard\clockworkmod\backup

Then I unmounted USB storage, rebooted into recovery, and 'recovered' the backup named "stock.rooted"

Presto! Stock rooted back on the phone :)

Disclaimer: doing any of this could break/brick your phone. Always make backups and even then you're not 100% safe.

Reactions: kp_luv
Upvote 0
you truly save my life / and my marriage soft brick my wifes phone unbricked but killed wifi no nadroid back-up now i can flash RUU without "155" error. Stock.no root works the stock root gives black screen of death. cheers

files need to be unzipped in back up folder for clock work mod on sd card

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones