• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC One S won't send text messages

twig87

Lurker
May 18, 2013
I've been experiencing an issue sending text messages for the last three days. I can receive texts, make and receive calls, but I cannot send texts. I get a 'pending' symbol next to any message I try to send and it does not reach the recipient's phone.

• I have phoned Orange, they checked the network number and sent me the latest settings, after which I switched the phone off for 20 mins
  • I have removed, cleaned and reinserted the sim card
  • I have removed any apps I installed in the last few days
  • I've deleted a lot of texts in case it was a space issue
  • I have run an AVG antivirus check which showed nothing malicious
I cannot remove the battery as it's a closed case. Can anyone suggest anything else short of resetting the phone? I'm going to try my sim in a different phone shortly. Thanks :)

This could be caused from an app, or... your apn settings are messed up.

For the app to solve it you would have to remove any recently installed app as its possible that it caused your issues if related to messaging.

Android APN Settings

Go to Settings > Wireless & Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names

If its not in the exact layout above then its similar wording depending on locale.

Then call the provider and compare apn settings.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones