• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HTC One SV From Boost Soft Bricked?

fett2500

Lurker
Nov 5, 2011
So, I am not sure what I did here.
I tried to Root my phone. I currently have TWRP v2.7.01 installed and it boots up on Recovery, but cannot get the phone to get past this. I get start on the White HTC Start up screen once I try to Reboot.

My phone is version 4.2.2 Sense 5.0
I get stuck on the start up screen.
I can get through bootloader but not sure what I need to install here or uninstall.
K2_CL PVT SHIP S-ON RL
Hboot-2.21.000
Radio-1.12.50.0516
OpenDSP-v10.2.0268.0401
OS-
eMMC-boot 1024MB

Earlier today, I could get into the phone, but it kept saying on TWRP screen when I tried to download a Superuser.zip file, that I had no OS.
Not sure If this is the problem, but if it is, Did i delete my OS?

Ughh..

Yes, you managed to deleted your OS which is located on your system partition. You will need to restore your device using a TWRP backup. It appears your boot.img is good so no need giving instructions there. I will send you a PM that will provide you a link to download a TWRP backup for your device. To insure TWRP is installed properly you must make sure your bootloader is unlocked at all times while you are still S-On and you must flash it with the following command:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Reactions: fett2500
Upvote 0
Every time I try to install the zip file via bootloader, it gives me an error, and every time I try to install via fastboot, it says the file is too large..what am I doing wrong?

Must place it on your sdcard. Either the internal or the external. Given your case I will say the external. To do this, boot in to TWRP, then plug your device in to your pc. Select mount from within TWRP. A window should come up on your pc screen. Check it and make sure it is your external sdcard. If not, then unmount from your pc, then unmount from your phone and change your storage selection to ext_sd and remount again. Once you are where you need to be there should be a folder called, TWRP. The following folders are case sensitive so type them as you see me typing them. If you do not see this then go ahead and create it.

Inside the TWRP folder will be a subfolder called, BACKUPS, so if it doesnt exist then create it.

Now, inside the BACKUPS folder will be a subfolder called <device serial>. The device serial must pertain to your device. For example, it may look something like the following: HT31WS700791.

To find out what yours is, you will need to go back to fastboot from within the bootloader of your device and then from the cmd window on your pc type and enter: fastboot devices. This will display your devices' serial number. Name the subfolder after that.

Inside your <device serial> folder will be a subfolder that pertains to the title of your actual backup. Basically, this folder is merely for giving your backup a name. You can call this folder whatever you want. For simplicity I would just name it, TWRPBACKUP4.2.2..

Now, extract the zip I sent you. You will see a bunch of .win files. For example, boot.emmc.win, or system.ext4.win. Copy ALL of those files in to the TWRPBACKUP4.2.2 folder.

Now, go ahead and unmount from your pc. Then unmount from your phone. While still in TWRP go back to the home screen and select, restore. Insure you are still within the ext_sd storage or else the backup will not show up. At this point you should now see one available backup for you'd phone called, TWRPBACKUP4.2.2.. Go ahead and select that backup. You will be given a list for restoring your device via boot, system, etc, etc. For now, uncheck everything, and only leave system checked. Swipe to restore. When it is done, select to reboot the device. If the device still fails to boot up, then proceed to use the entire backup to restore your device except for system because you already used it previously.

However, to restore your boot you will need to go back to your pc and find the file, boot.emmc. win and rename it to boot.img.

After your device is done restoring don't reboot the device but instead you can just reboot the bootloader. When there, using your cmd window on your pc, type and enter: fastboot flash boot boot.img.

Because you are S-On you unfortunately cannot restore your boot.img and/or your recovery.img from within the TWRP recovery using a backup. Must be S-Off.

TWRP builds for 4.2.2 based on K2_CL comes with a feature I made sure to have added called, HTC Dumlock. Using that will actually allow you to flash your boot and recovery images without the use of a pc but in order to get it up and running for the initial installation you must have access to your system on your device, meaning, you must be able to boot your device without it getting hung up.

Once HTC Dumlock is successfully setup on your device in the near future you will be able to handle your boot and recovery images in a similiar fashion as those who are currently S-Off, but with limitations of course.

Upvote 0
Once you are where you need to be there should be a folder called, TWRP. Inside the TWRP folder will be a subfolder called, BACKUPS. Inside the BACKUPS folder will be a subfolder called <device serial>. The device serial must pertain to your device. For example, it may look something like the following: HT31WS700791. Inside your <device serial> folder will be a subfolder that pertains to the title of your actual backup. Basically, this folder is merely for giving your backup a name. You can call this folder whatever you want. For simplicity I would just name it, TWRPBACKUP4.2.2. Now, extract the zip I sent you. You will see a bunch of .win files. For example, boot.emmc.win, or system.ext4.win. Copy ALL of those files in to the TWRPBACKUP4.2.2 folder. Now, go ahead and unmount from your pc. Then unmount from your phone. While still in TWRP go back to the home screen and select, restore. Insure you are still within the ext_sd storage or else the backup will not show up. At this point you should now see one available backup for you'd phone called, TWRPBACKUP4.2.2.. Go ahead and select that backup. You will be given a list for restoring your device via boot, system, etc, etc. For now, uncheck everything, and only leave system checked. Swipe to restore. When it is done, select to reboot the device.

I just want to give props for this super helpful post. I [semi-intentionally] deleted my OS, and used this to walk myself through the [more-complicated-than-expected] process of installing a new one. There's so much information out there that isn't helpful... This is what I spent 2 days looking for. Thank you!

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Hi,

I just wanted to check whether this method would work using my phone as I seem to have a similar situation. As some back ground I tried rooting my device due to it becoming essentially unusable as the memory was full but as I am using linux found it difficult to get through the whole process and gave up. I've been stuck at the bootloader before but did a factory reset and managed to fix it but the problem returned last night.

The info displayed at the boot loader is as follows:

***LOCKED***
K2_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.00.0000
RADIO-1.18.40a.00.05
OpenDSP-v13.2.0268.0620
eMMC-boot
Mar 14 2013,22:10:43-1

Upvote 0
Do you still have the twrp backup? I managed to blow away my os as well and I cannot find anything recent to recover it. I am currently S-OFF.

you should look more closely.i have a modified backup your welcome to try or a full version thats just rooted supersu and busyboxed.
its specifically for the k2_cl

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones