• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC One SV Will not start up.

Hi there, I recently bought a manufacture refurbished HTC One SV. Came brand new in box with all of the cables etc in original packaging and it was unlocked to any network.

Only used this phone for a day and it decided to die on me: Prior to this i did close multiple apps, from the selector screen button (where you flick them to close them). I went on to my music and tried playing a song from the 'Artist' section and it froze up on a black screen, only with the top menu bar visible. Waited a couple of minutes, and tried pressing back as well as the power button but it did not respond. When i tried to turn on it started up but froze on the initial 'HTC' white screen and will not go any further than that. It had approx. 90% charge, and was on charge at the same time.

I have tried the "Volume down+Power button" and tried all of the options on there, however none of them seem to work unless i am missing something.

Hope this makes sense, as my family is completely stomped by it, and had to write this quickly as I have to work a night shift.

Thank you in advance and happy new year.

Hi there, I recently bought a manufacture refurbished HTC One SV. Came brand new in box with all of the cables etc in original packaging and it was unlocked to any network.

Only used this phone for a day and it decided to die on me: Prior to this i did close multiple apps, from the selector screen button (where you flick them to close them). I went on to my music and tried playing a song from the 'Artist' section and it froze up on a black screen, only with the top menu bar visible. Waited a couple of minutes, and tried pressing back as well as the power button but it did not respond. When i tried to turn on it started up but froze on the initial 'HTC' white screen and will not go any further than that. It had approx. 90% charge, and was on charge at the same time.

I have tried the "Volume down+Power button" and tried all of the options on there, however none of them seem to work unless i am missing something.

Hope this makes sense, as my family is completely stomped by it, and had to write this quickly as I have to work a night shift.

What variant is it? Boost or Cricket?
Also, you can do this by going into the bootloader. (Volume Up + Power)

Upvote 0

Is your device S-On, S-Off, bootloader locked or unlocked, which K2 variant are you, do you have stock recovery or custom recovery, do you have a backup? If none of this makes since then we need to first start by getting your bootloader unlocked over at HTCDEV website. Then getting you a custom recovery. At this point we can provide you with a proper backup or a boot.img/system.img to get your device up and running again.

Reactions: R_Hawkee
Upvote 0
At the top of the bootloader it shows it is "locked" with a pink background (not sure if this is relevant or not).

And the data on top of the bootloader is as follows:

K2_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.00. 0000
RADIO-1.15.40a.00.04
OpenDSP-v9.2.0268.1214
eMMC-boot
Mar 14 2013,22:10:43:-1

From this, I believe it is S-ON, K2_UL version.

Wait. Are you in the U.S? This is a European model if I'm correct. And yes, boot loader is locked, with SON

Upvote 0
I live in England so it is a European model. Could the bootloader being locked be the reason why the phone does not start up.

Found another little thing, which i don't know if it's related, but i connected it up to my computer and the red light turns on. However I don't think it would be charging for the 2 hours. And when it was disconnected, it remained on until the battery was taken out.

Reactions: Member1614188
Upvote 0
I live in England so it is a European model. Could the bootloader being locked be the reason why the phone does not start up.

Found another little thing, which i don't know if it's related, but i connected it up to my computer and the red light turns on. However I don't think it would be charging for the 2 hours. And when it was disconnected, it remained on until the battery was taken out.

Bootloader has nothing to do with it, sadly. So, your European model already has Sense 5. The red light will turn green, as it means charging status. I'll see what I can do, maybe I can compile a ROM.zip.

Upvote 0
Bootloader has nothing to do with it, sadly. So, your European model already has Sense 5. The red light will turn green, as it means charging status. I'll see what I can do, maybe I can compile a ROM.zip.

Would be amazing if you can do that. The red light remains even without it connected up to a power output, does that still mean it's charging/requires charging?

Upvote 0
Also, I recommend heading over to XDA since you have a K2_UL device. Assuming if you plan to tweak some things on your device. There are other K2 variant users over there but mainly filled with K2_U and K2_UL. This is just a recommendation for down the road after your device is up and going and you decide to have fun with it.

Upvote 0
Would be amazing if you can do that. The red light remains even without it connected up to a power output, does that still mean it's charging/requires charging?

My phone does this also. When it does, I have to pull the battery out then put it back in and power it up. Only time it happens to me is when I let my phone die completely. Your phone is still charging though unless you unplug it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones