1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

HTC One V - OTA update

Discussion in 'TELUS' started by andruoid, Sep 3, 2012.

1. andruoid

andruoid Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Male
    BC, Canada
    Whoever is interested:

Telus has a 34MB (approx.) OTA update for the One V. Not too much detail however, the Software Number is now version 2.22.661.2.

Advertisement

2. The_Gnome_

The_Gnome_ Guest

My wife has a One V and has complained that her texting and google talk act bizarre (won't let her send messages, show the wrong name with a number in texts, etc). Had you seen this behaviour with yours?

I'll have her update.

3. andruoid

Jan 10, 2011
    Male
    BC, Canada
    I haven't experienced that problem that you mentioned. To be honest the only issue I've had is with Facebook about 2 weeks ago when they had 2 very buggy releases in a row. That's not to blame the phone though.

I was rooted for a time and had a custom ROM, etc however, I returned to stock and did the One V update just yesterday. So far everything seems about the same. Battery life has always been great, about a day and a half. We'll see if this update changes that in any way.

4. The_Gnome_

The_Gnome_ Guest

Awesome, thanks for the info.

Any custom rom advice if I decide to throw one on there for my wife? Did you have a favorite that was pretty solid?

5. andruoid

Jan 10, 2011
    Male
    BC, Canada
    Depends on how the better-half uses the phone. For me I tried 3 different ROMs when I was rooted; 2 were from Lloir (CM10 4.1.1 Jellybean (unofficial) [ROM][PrimoU/GSM] 3/9/12 CM10 B54 *Unofficial* - xda-developers and CM9 4.0.4 [ROM] 30/8/12 Cyanogen 9 RC1 [GSM] - xda-developers ) and I also tried myONEv by ckpv5 [ROM-PrimoU|GSM] [01-September] myONEv RC5.0 FX - xda-developers

I really liked all 3 but preferred CM9 and 10 as there is no Sense. Amazing progress is being made by Lloir and I might re-root soon.

The_Gnome_ likes this.
  6. The_Gnome_

The_Gnome_ Guest

Awesome, thanks for the info!

She 'likes' sense, but I suspect if it means better performance she would absolutely give it up. I'll do some reading on the ones you mentioned - appreciate it!

7. andruoid

Jan 10, 2011
    Male
    BC, Canada
    Installing Lloir's CM9 RC1 as we speak ...couldn't stand the slow Sense on a single core system like this. 8)

8. The_Gnome_

The_Gnome_ Guest

A little off topic, but is the root process pretty straight forward for the OneV? I've only rooted the Hero and Nexus S previously.

9. andruoid

Jan 10, 2011
    Male
    BC, Canada
    The One V rooting process is more involved than other phones I've had. Saying that it's not any harder to root, just extra steps are needed.

The instructions to root can be found here: http://androidforums.com/one-v-all-things-root/543850-guide-how-root-htc-one-v.html

The_Gnome_ likes this.
  10. The_Gnome_

The_Gnome_ Guest

Appreciate the link! Thanks!