• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Htc one x browser problem

teepeekaka

Lurker
Sep 25, 2012
Hi all, newbie here so be gentle please

I've had the one x maybe 3 months but recently (certainly after jelly bean update) my stock browser doesn't have the facility to recognise a number in a webpage and allow me to click it to take me to the dial number page.

I used to use this function regularly but as of late it no longer works.

Has the forum any ideas?????

Thanks in advance

It was a 4.0.4 update or rather i presume it was as that is what i'm currently on.

Not sure if the problem i'm having coincided with this as it was a number of weeks ago but nevertheless thats the problem i've got. Thought maybe a setting had changed but also my partner who has the same phone and received the same update has also experienced the same problem.

Chrome or another browser it maybe then if i have no luck.

Upvote 0
I use Dolphin, and am also on 4.0.4. Just went to yell.com and a banking website to see if it would recognise phone numbers, and it worked fine.

The numbers on Yell were highlighted in blue and underlined, and when you press on them - up comes the dialler with the number already entered. Same on the banking website - though the numbers were not coloured or underlined.

Can't think of a setting where this is set. I do remember there was some legal issues a while back with Apple about this functionality - are you in the US by any chance?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones