1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Htc One X Camera Autofocus Problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Viktorviksa, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Viktorviksa

Viktorviksa Lurker

I have a htc one x, after the update from htc to 4.0.4 the autofocus on the camera is gone even the manual. Someone having the same problem or how to get rid of it?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert

No problem here.

3. sean76

sean76 Android Expert

Well I finally got a One X today, and while I absolutely love the Form Factor, and Screen...I gotta say the camera stinks!

Now I dont know if its because I'm coming from the Galaxy S3 and the iPhone 4s before that, but the camera on the One X isn't even close to matching either.

Sad because I do like this phone.

4. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

Out of nosey....I mean curiosity, why'd you give up your S3?

5. sean76

sean76 Android Expert

I was getting terrible battery life with the GS3, and the standby time was just out of control. Anyway, at&t sent me a replacement device and I'm on day 2 with it and its alot better then the faulty one I sent back...Honestly I must have just gotten a dud!

Either way I had an extra upgrade on my account and figured for $99 I couldn't go wrong. Best case scenario would have been the One X is so good that I sell my brand new GS3 for wayyyy more then I paid for it, and then just use the One X as my daily driver. Another would be that I just keep them both and switch on and off depending on which one I feel like using on any given day. But at this point the Camera is such a disappointment I don't see either of those scenarios playing out.

6. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Symptoms please?

Wondering if you have lemony hardware, as that's not in line with what others who have owned both phones have said.

7. sean76

sean76 Android Expert

Good evening Early...

OK what I'm seeing is pics aren't coming out nearly as sharp and clear as the GS3. Like not even close man. And the GS3 just feels alot faster and smoother!

Also for some reason my phone won't update to 4.04? Could that have anything to do with it?

8. Rusty

Rusty Android Expert

4.0.4 depends on whether your have the AT&T One X (which is a One XL renamed) or the international One X.

The AT&T model should update no problem, the international model 4.0.4 roll out has one just started as is only available in Europe.

Camera should be good though, and it certainly shouldn't 'stink'.

EarlyMon likes this.
  9. Rusty

Rusty Android Expert

Trying clearing the cache/data for the camera app.

Edit: Stupid merge making me look like I just randomly post everywhere :D

Viktorviksa likes this.
  10. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Howdy compadre. :)

Camera not focusing properly has been reported by a few Sprint owners and fixed by trading in for good hardware.

Here's what others are getting -

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g-lte/555778-images-taken-your-evo-4g-lte.html

The Sprint version comes with the expected name change to Evo, but promise it's the One X.

El Presidente likes this.
  11. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

EarlyMon likes this.
  12. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Focus problem threads merged.

El Presidente likes this.
  13. Viktorviksa

Viktorviksa Lurker

Anybody with answer to my problem. Tried everything clear cash reseting ect ect. Could be a hardware problem?

14. El Presidente

VIP Member

Viktor, do you mean the option is gone, or it won't autofocus at all? Can't you tap on the screen on an area you want to focus on?

To rule out hardware, have you tried another app? Camera 360 etc?

15. Viktorviksa

Viktorviksa Lurker

Did that no use, even tried uninstaing update to camera same thing ...

16. Viktorviksa

Viktorviksa Lurker

Tried camera360, fxcamera and 2 other same thing no focus even tapping

17. El Presidente

VIP Member

I'd try a factory reset and if that doesn't work, it sounds like hardware unfortunately.

EarlyMon likes this.
  18. Viktorviksa

Viktorviksa Lurker

Will see tomorrow im taking it to service i have a waranty on it

19. Ironclad

Ironclad Well-Known Member

How does this auto focus work, all I get from hitting the shutter icon is a burst.
    Lord, I'm crap at this fml

20. Rusty

Rusty Android Expert

Just tap the shutter button and it does it all, or touch the screen to focus on that area.

Ironclad likes this.
  21. gary5779

gary5779 Member

I agree about the camera on the One X. I am very disappointed with it. I can only take a half decent photo if I do not zoom at all, and even then the results are nowhere near as good as my old HTC Desire (and that was only 5mp).

22. Rusty

Rusty Android Expert

Digital zoom is worthless, don't ever use it. I wish manufacturers didn't bother to include it.

HTC One X Forum

The HTC One X release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, and 1800mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews