1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC One X developed a hairline crack in the body!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Deleted User, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Had anyone else noticed a hairline crack on their One X at the usb / charging port between it and the screen? just noticed it on mine today and wondered if affected many other one x phones. Mine is only 4 months old with not so much as a blemish on it. I believe it to be a design fault.
    Now should I send it back for repair or leave it? Maybe I shouldn't do anything and see if it gets worse....

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Harry2

Harry2 Extreme Android User

3. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Hi

Just checked. It's not the same type of crack as mine is just a straight hairline crack from the port to the screen.

4. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert

I have an actual chip on the bottom right portion of the phone. I think when I had my hip holster on and was doing yard work when I sat down on the concrete and hit it.

5. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

I'll post a pic today. I'll use my gf iPhone to take the picture :rolleyes:

6. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Here's a pic of the crack on my one x. I'd say there are going to be more people out there with this problem over time as it believe it to be a weak point in the phones body. Time will tell.
    I don't think I'll be sending it back to HTC but if the small section broke of completely I would would be kicking myself if it was outside warranty!

Attached Files:

7. NikkiC

NikkiC Well-Known Member

Mine is fine.....no cracks anywhere in the body.

8. masammut

masammut Lurker

I have a similar one on the top left corner. This fone is brand new and never been dropped or mishandled. In fact I just noticed it today. Very strange.

9. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

I believe people will start to notice these cracks more and more over time. I contacted HTC about this with a photo of the crack asking it it was covered under warranty. If it is I think I'll send it in for repair. I don't want it breaking off completely when the warranty is up and costing me money to repair.
    I'll post again when I hear back with their response.

10. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

My name is Kristina and I am a Technical Support Agent for the HTC Written Team.

I'm sorry to hear that you have a less than perfect device. I apologise for any inconvenience caused by this.

Unfortunately, if we were to send it for repair, there would be a quotation sent to yourself as this would be classed as Out of Warranty. I am sorry that this is not the response you were hoping for. I have included a link to our Warranty statement for further reference.

Should you wish to have it repaired, I will be unable to issue a quote before the device is sent in. The reason for this being is that it needs to be assessed by our engineers in its entirety. As the repair must leave the device in an "In Warranty" condition, any other faults found must be repaired also and therefore quoted to you accordingly.

11. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

HTC responded again and still refusing to cover the replacement body under warranty! I can buy one on eBay and it works out to cost less than

HTC One X Forum

The HTC One X release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, and 1800mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews