1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC one X Gallery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Abernus, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Abernus

Abernus Lurker

Hi all,

I recently got the HTC One X and I love it, this is my first Andriod phone and is taking a little getting used to. However there is one thing tha is bugging me. When I take a phote and later go to the gallery it shows all the photos and the default pics that were on the phone from factory.

Is there a way to add new albums on the phone so when I go to the galery and I select camera shots it will only show the photos I have taken and not everything?

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Well-Known Member

Hi abernus,
    First of all, welcome to the forum.

To solve your problem you can delete all of the unwanted images from the Camera shots folder (wallpapers are stored elsewhere so you won't be losing anything). The only images you see in the Camera shots folder after that will be the ones you have taken.

3. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Android Expert

Go to the menu and select show and hide albums, then you can pick which albums/photos you want to see.

4. Abernus

Abernus Lurker

Thanks for the info, but is there a way to create a new album?

5. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

If you just create a folder on the root of the internal SD Card and put photos in there, it should appear in the gallery.

6. Abernus

Abernus Lurker

Thanks I will give that a try

7. smurph1

smurph1 Android Enthusiast

I have just got same phone, and after putting several folders of old pics on sd cad, on first viewing in gallery all folders were there, now they've all gone (but still on SD card and still viewable thru androzip), but now I only have Camera Shots & All Photos...were did the others go....I've checked menu and no options......help!

Why do i have to use Androzip, is there no such thing as a stock file browswer with android/HTCs?? I can't see it!

8. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Try to go gallery>Menu(top right corner)>Show/Hide Album>Tick album you would like to see

Let me know if this helps

9. Harry2

Harry2 Extreme Android User

Have look at QuickPic, a far better viewer than the stock gallery's and it has no probs with rescanning the phone storage for media like the stock gallery :)

Harry

10. smurph1

They arern't avaiable in the albvums list from menu.
    I don't want an app, they were theer, and have gone, and I want to fix.
    Phone is also not allowin me to select a pic thru a file explorer (Androzip) for wall paper, and same for an mp3 for ringtone!

11. smurph1

Tried Quickpic, it doesn't see my files on SD card either.........

12. smurph1

Still can't see folders of pics on SD card, and am amazed at this, as it worked fine on much older Wildfire S. It means that even when browsed to, and opened with gallery, i can't select as wallpaper etc.
    Similar for mp3 files to be a ringtone!
    Have contacted HTC and they can't explain, and actuially *DENY* that i should see them as per old phone....weird....HELP!

13. earful

earful Member

re ringtones: try putting them in the music file. open player. you can select from your listed music and set ringtones there.

re photos: don't know if this will help, but i selected one of the htc photo widgets to help me access photos i want. what are you using?

14. smurph1

Using Gallery, new folders of pics inserted onto SD card should auto appear in Gallery

15. coos lick

coos lick Android Enthusiast

16. smurph1

Thanks, both downloaded, reload started and immediately stopped, and rescan failed to open!

17. earful

earful Member

try a soft reset. that often helps.

18. admob

admob Well-Known Member

Quickpic is awesome! ' look no further...

HTC One X Forum

The HTC One X release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, and 1800mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews