• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help htc one x help!

sidebear15

Lurker
Jun 17, 2011
Hello! I have just got myself a one x from my upgrade and its all good but I've noticed a lot of my 1gb ram is always in use around 700mb 800mb Is in use wondering if this is normal as this seems rather high! Does any one else have a one x and how much ram does yours use? An help will be grateful as my network just said its the os surely it can't be? As my sensation xe with ics never even used half of its ram!

Even using this full sight is killing this phone seems to be something wrong with it or I'm just ******ed and can't use a phone

Upvote 0
Thanks for ur help! I do already have that app and it is awesome at what it does, I just thought it was a lot of ram being used by rubbish apps opening back up like notes and other not needed apps never mind nothing wrong with it just yet apart from a random speaker blow sound every so often wen u make a call!

Is there any good cases and accessories any one can recommend?

Also thanks for moving it into the right place I had no clue where to start lol

Upvote 0
Sorry to hijack this thread but I was wondering what to do if you do get a low memory message? I don't want to install a task killer but as its my first android, am not sure what to if I encounter this.

I've had 5-6 Android phones over the last 2 or so years and I've never had the message. Those phones include a couple of low end phones with very low RAM. If the OS senses it's getting low on memory, it will kill the oldest app itself without the need for you to do anything. So it's very unlikely you'll get the message (especially on the One X). If you ever see the message it's likely that an app is misbehaving and your best bet would be to uninstall.

If you do see it, just kill apps manually via the Manage Applications menu and try to narrow down the problem app. :)

Upvote 0
Sorry to hijack this thread but I was wondering what to do if you do get a low memory message? I don't want to install a task killer but as its my first android, am not sure what to if I encounter this.

I had the low memory issue a few time 'Disk Storage Space is Low' and solved it by a combination of uninstalling seldom used apps (you can always quickly re-install them if you wish on an ad-hoc basis) and clearing the cache and stored data on apps such as Facebook (which seems to love clogging up the device memory). Hope this helps? :)

Yes (sorry it took me so long to see your post there NikkiC), this message is the result of a different type of memory running low- storage. Task managers are unnecessary in Android (see el President's post above) but they free up Random Access Memory (RAM) which is not used for long-term storage.
The message you are seeing is the result of storage memory running low/out, and is the ~1.74 GB or whatever partition (division of the storage memory). Uninstalling apps will free up space here, and I have noticed that some poorly coded apps "expand" the more you use them (instead of storing the cache and accessory files on the sd card they are stored with the app) and so I have gotten that message without installing any new apps! Also, updates sometimes add to the storage space the apps take up so you might get the notification shortly after updating apps.
There is also a ~9.8 ish GB storage partition that is for your media and text messages and email attachments, etc., and while I am sure it kicks up a notification as it fills up too, I have never done so and it would probably say something like "SD card memory is low."

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones