1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

htc one x is scratched in first week

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by LoveLinzi, Aug 20, 2012.

1. LoveLinzi

LoveLinzi Lurker

Hi, i recently got an htc 1x for my birthday and within a week it was scratched! i did drop it once at chair level onto hard wood floor but when i checked it for scratches it had none. then later in the week i put it in my wristlet while shopping, since i didn't want it to fall out of my pocket again. ironically, when i took it out it had huge deep scratches, going in opposite directions! the only thing in my wristlet was gift cards, and i had read an article about a guys smart phone, which had gorilla glass, that got scratched by a similar plastic hotel card. I'd love to know if there's anyway to get those deep scratches out without that cloudy look from buffering it. thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Not that I am aware of, if it bothers that much, you might have to replace the glass

3. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

Welcome Linzi
    I believe it could have been the lint in your pocket, or dirt. believe it or not dirt is a number one cause for scratches on glass or paint. Gorilla Glass isnt scratch proof, it is scratch resilient basically means its not easy to scratch, but it can be scratched.

you may want to invest in a screen protector after you get your screen fixed... if that is your choice of action. There is a website you can go to to have the screen replaced. I will look for it and repost soon!

*EDIT*
    didnt take long :p
    http://www.repairsuniverse.com/htc-one-screen-replacements-repair-parts.html

hope that helps you!

4. LoveLinzi

LoveLinzi Lurker

thanks both of you for your help :) i didn't really wan't to replace the screen but it seems like the easiest solution.

5. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

it seems like the cheapest solution, but at the same time, it may not be the cheapest..

insurance costs $99 and you get a new phone.

with this method i believe it tells you everything you have to do. and you take the risk of it not working once you actually do it. but it is your device and your choice. do whatever works best for you!