• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC one x keeps rebooting

My HTC one x is 4 months old and it now just keeps rebooting itself .... Any ideas

Is this where the phone reboots it's self for no apparent reason i.e the phone is not being used but is 'idle' and you hear the start up tone and in my case it asks for the SIM lock pin? If so I have the same problem!

There is no pattern to this, for example it happened twice this week and once last week. It can happen at any time, it's happened in the middle of the day or even the middle of the night.

It is quite annoying as even when the phone is on silent, when it resarts it still plays the start up tone - embarrising in meetings!

I spoke to HTC support only to be advised it could be an app causing the problem and to carry out a hard reset!! No way - take me far to long to set my phone up again.

Anyone else having this problem?

PS I'm on Vodafone UK, unrooted, and on ICS.

Upvote 0
Mine has never done this - so can't comment on that.

On the start up sounds - used to use an app called 'silent boot' on my Desire.
Out of curiosity, just checked the play store to see if it was still there, and if there were any reviews from one x users. It was and there were two - one said it works great, the other said it didn't work at all!

There are some other similar ones there as well. May be worth testing a few as a stopgap.

Upvote 0
This seems to be a continuing issue with app to SD I had the problem on my DHD for a while until I took out the ad card and the phone stopped restarting. I came to the conclusion that its a buggy app that got transferred to the we card.

I had the same problem on my HOX for about 2 weeks. Unfortunately I had downloaded about 40 apps in one day and couldn't pinpoint which app was causing the problem. To cut a long story short. Uninstall any app you recently moved to sd or try and move it back to the phone storage.

If that doesn't work I think Sense may be crashing. My HOX had this sense issue and it sorted it self out when I got the last OTA update from HTC a few months ago. So you may be waiting until the new jellybean update with sense 4+ is issued.

I hope one of these options solves your problem. I know how painful the restarts can be.

P.s. does your phone get so hot you can't put it to your face?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones