1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC one X signal problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by omgwtf147, Jul 10, 2013.

1. omgwtf147

omgwtf147 Lurker

I bought an HTC one x "international version" a couple of days ago, he had brought it in europe and brought to sell here in south america. About 2 days having the phone (I hadn't bought a carrier yet) I broke the phones screen (a single crack that goes throught the middle from side to side), the phone works great but when I finally brought the micro sim card it doesn't get any signal or doesn't recognize it. It displays messages like "error while searching for networks" and when it finds it it shows "your SIM card does not allow a connection to this Network" (everything works fine wifi, etc) except the signal so i was wondering if this could have something to do with the broken screen? Or the phone is locked? If anyone has any solution please post it. Thank you!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

The international One X works on the following frequencies:

2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
    3G Network HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
    HTD-SCDMA/ TD-HSPA 1900 / 2100

Sounds like the networks you're trying to connect to don't use them (or if they do, there's limited coverage).

What network are you trying to use the handset with?

3. omgwtf147

omgwtf147 Lurker

Gsm 850/1900

4. El Presidente

VIP Member

Fair enough. :)

If it was locked, I think you'd get a prompt to enter an unlock code when you turned it on with the new SIM in (I did before I unlocked mine).

Could just be the card isn't compatible? There was a thread about certain T-Mobile SIMs being incompatible a while back (here), maybe it's a similar sort of thing? Have you tried another SIM?

How did you crack the screen? Dropped it? You might well have damaged some of the internals in the fall so maybe that could also be why.

5. omgwtf147

omgwtf147 Lurker

I've tried 2 different SIM cards from 2 different carriers and still none work, gives the same error.
    I had the phone in my pocket and ran into a table, i don't think hard enough to damage it internally.
    I remember I read somewhere that the one x got its signal from the screen, so if you broke it you where in big trouble, but I don't know if that's true.

6. El Presidente

VIP Member

I know the WiFi radio is towards the back of the handset, not sure where the cellular one is, but I'm not entirely sure it's in the screen. I've heard of many screens breaking, but they've never had an issue with the radio.

Can you get to the software number? What is it?

7. omgwtf147

omgwtf147 Lurker

Software number: 3.20.401.1
    Android version: 4.1.1
    HTC sense version: 4+
    HTC sdk api level: 4.63

8. El Presidente

VIP Member

That's definitely the unlocked model, the software number follows the correct format x.xx.401.x so it's not locked to a specific network.

HTC One X Forum

The HTC One X release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, and 1800mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews