1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Htc One x stuck

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lxtfxr, Dec 15, 2013.

1. lxtfxr

lxtfxr Lurker

Hello, Idk anything about phones but I'm gonna try in hopes of getting my phone repaired.. Sending my phone in to HTC did not help at all, they claimed that they was nothing wrong but my phone does not even turn on! Basically, A few days ago, I recieved an update for my HOX, However, half way into the update my phone screen turned black and entered a screen with a red triangle with an exclamation mark... I can turn off my phone from there and trying to turn it on only gets m to the Quietly Brilliant screen.My phone is unlocked..Thank you..Oh, My phone is not rooted and I believe should be running in Stock Software..

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Android Expert

Turn your phone off, then while holding down the volume key press the power button.
    This should get the recovery screen, using the volume key select the option factory reset & press the power button.
    I know this will remove all your settings etc but i think it leaves the sd card part of your phone intact. (meaning any music, photos etc will be untouched).
    Try this first to see if you can get your phone to work.
    If it doesn't then all i can think of is flashing an ruu file.

3. lxtfxr

lxtfxr Lurker

Already tried this, How do I 'flash an ruu file'?

4. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Android Expert

Here is a guide for flashing in general but the part you want is the one for the RUU file

Flashing Guide - Android - XDA-Developers

It doesn't require S-Off for that so don't worry about it mentioning this at the top of the page.

Make sure you select the correct RUU for your phone though

lxtfxr likes this.
  5. lxtfxr

lxtfxr Lurker

Oooh Okay will try this. Thank you!

HTC One X Forum

The HTC One X release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, and 1800mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews