• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Htc one X tips

Hey Galaxyian, depends on what you're looking to do with it? Will you be using your phone for music/movies or games etc? I've a few apps I could recommend, dependant on how you use the phone. :)

My first tip would be to give it a decent, initial charge. When it tells you it's 100%, keep it charging for a couple of hours after that, then let it run flat before charging fully again. After that, charge as and when you need to.

Upvote 0
Make sure you lovingly caress it at night before bed and whisper sweet nothings into its microphone. You get better battery life that way. ;)

But on a serious note, when listening to music with the beats audio on, make sure you change the Beats setting in the equalizer to something other than "beats other" which it is set to by default.

I have it set to Beats Pro and it sounds so much better with my Sennheizer HD598's. took me a week to realise you could change the beats audio settings...

Upvote 0
Not sure if it will increase battery life, but it is the recommended way for the initial few charges Lithium Batteries. Incidentally, your battery will be quite poor for the first few charges, but it does get better.

It's pretty basic, but I actually think the in built music app is quite good. My only beef with it is the lack of Deezer integration, but I think that's a limitation of Deezer, not the music app itself.

I had a play with the poweramp trial yesterday and I have to say, with my headphones, I much prefer the Beats audio enhancements over whatever I could create in poweramp (it's still a cracking app though).

Upvote 0
a must have for me is the "Switch Widget Pro" as you can customise what switches you'd like to have along a single widget bar (and you can add it to the notifications bar). but there are current issues with it being stable on ICS but if you wanna take the risk, it was awesome for my DHD.

"shadowgun" or "samurai 2: vengence" are good games to show off the processor and screen.

I still like having a nice widget showing my data usage since it's capped, always used "3g watch dog" as it's got prompters to tell you when your close to full usage.

"Google currents" is my new news and article browsing app.

I got "beautiful widgets" on sale, and i use a customised theme for the weather widget to match the black and white V for Vendetta theme I've got going on.

start using the folders on the home screens more often to stop your screens from being cluttered.

Upvote 0
I have it set to Beats Pro and it sounds so much better with my Sennheizer HD598's. took me a week to realise you could change the beats audio settings...

Thank you for this,

took me a little working out to figure out how to change it but now it sounds much better,

mine was under the handset option on the sound enhancer screen and i had either Beats solo or Beats urBeats to change it to from 'Other'

But changing it to Beats urBeats makes an already outstanding beats audio even better :thumbup:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones