1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC One X (unrooted) boot loop + can't access bootloader

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Tktoonarmy, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Tktoonarmy

Tktoonarmy Lurker

Hi guys - first post so go easy :)

I recently lost my HTC One X (long story) and upon its battery-dead return I'm finding the phone goes into a boot loop when connected to a charger. There isn't enough charge to start without a charger either. Also - it automatically boots when connected to a charger.

I've tried to access the bootloader but it only briefly flashes up before going into loop again.

Any ideas on how to sort this? I'm missing my One X! :(

Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Welcome to AF Tktoonarmy! :)

Have you looked in the charging port, is there any obvious dust/dirt or anything obstructing it? What about plugging it in to the PC to charge, does that do the same thing?

3. Tktoonarmy

Tktoonarmy Lurker

Hi El Presidente! Thanks for the response.

The reaction of the phone is exactly the same with either USB or plug. It does recognise a USB connection in the brief 2 seconds that I can see the bootloader.

The bootloader does say **LOCKED** over the top, not sure if that is normal for unrooted phones.

4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Yeah, ***Locked*** is totally normal for unrooted handsets.

Have you tried with another cable? Does that make a difference? If no, I think you're looking at a call to your network/HTC, sorry.

5. Tktoonarmy

Tktoonarmy Lurker

Yep, tried with 2 cables now - 1 HTC, 1 not... Thanks.

Going to let it boot loop overnight and see in the morning unless anyone else can offer some words of wisdom... :)

6. chouman

chouman Lurker

I'm just looking for an update if possible.

I am having the same problem with my One X and would be grateful to know if you managed to get yours up and running again.

Thanks.

HTC One X Forum

The HTC One X release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, and 1800mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews