1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

htc one x wifi issue and unlocking in pocket

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jamcon, Aug 12, 2012.

1. jamcon

jamcon Newbie

hi all. I've converted from Iphone to HTC One x and loving the change and challenge. Has anyone else found themselves somehow unlocking the phone in their pocket and dialling someone or taking pictures? Also, my wifi worked wonderfully for 2 weeks at home, then decided I could only get a signal in the same room as the router which happens to be a super fast super hub virgin thingy. Unfortunately, all my other Apple devices are enjoying the wifi signal everywhere in the house! I still love my HTC one x though! Battery rubbish and I religiously shut down my apps in the background. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Welcome to AF ! :)

Can't say I've ever heard of the unlock thing, sorry. Have you got a pin etc? Does that make a difference?

Also, regarding the Wi-Fi, try giving yourself a static IP that's been known to help a number of Wi-Fi issues.

And don't close apps either, as silly as it sounds, that can actually have a negative impact on battery life. Just let Android handle task management. When I'm not on my phone, I'll give you some links that explain why. :)

3. Mr roley mole

Mr roley mole Newbie

Even without a pin I have never accidentally unlocked it, could have something to do with my case though. Also regarding wifi and the Virgin media super hub, I would try changing the settings on your router to only go upto 54mbps which makes it more compatible.

4. jimbobcook

jimbobcook Well-Known Member

El Presidente's idea of statically assigning an IP Address made things alot better for me! I normally leave all my apps running in the background then at night when its on charge I get rid of all running apps waiting for another day lol

HTC One X Forum

The HTC One X release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, and 1800mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews