• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Peep and Twitter for Android

D

Deleted User

Peep

In Peep's options what does Use screen names do?

In Accounts & sync what does Sync friend do?

Twitter for Android

In Accounts & sync what does Sync contacts do?

I've enabled and disabled all these settings and cannot see what impact they're having.

Going back to my original post: What does syncing Twitter for Android contacts actually do?

I've tried sync all and sync with existing contacts, gone to the People app and checked com.twitter.android.auth.login in View and can't see anything different in my People app or Phone list.

Upvote 0
sync all adds your twitter contacts to your phones contact list, and sync with existing adds the twitter of your contacts that are already in your normal contact list. the contact sync hasnt been working for me recently; that may be why you havent noticed a difference. i contacted twitter support about it and they replied back that the issue has been assigned to an engineer.

Upvote 0
sync all adds your twitter contacts to your phones contact list, and sync with existing adds the twitter of your contacts that are already in your normal contact list.

Neither of these have ever worked for me, but how does it make the association to existing contacts if none of the credentials match?

I'm also having another problem with Twitter for Android:

My Twitter for Android has stopped displaying users I follow or who are following me, I get an error when it tries to load or refresh these lists, so I can't see who I'm following in lists and it renders the useful add @username list when you're writing a tweet useless. I've tried signing out and back in, sync on and off, reboots, task killing and it still says "No users found". It has been like this for weeks now and is really annoying. Tweets update fine though.

Is it me or are there quite a few problems with various apps' integration on the Desire.

Upvote 0
I'm on Android 2.2 the official Twitter app's syncing options still don't do anything. I've tried sync all and sync existing and can't see any additional things added to my People app. If I go to Settings > View the Twitter option always says 0 even with sync all selected, whereas Facbook for HTC Sense specifies the correct amount of Facebook friends for example.

I've had enough of all the problems with Twitter for Android: it always fails to populate the following, followers and in-tweet @user lists, and syncing doesn't work. I have now uninstalled it and will wait for them to release a version that actually works properly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones