• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC photo frame widget question........

hasbrobot

Android Enthusiast
Dec 26, 2009
Florida
Hi I'm new here, I've had the Eris for over a month now and am absolutely in love with its capabilities. This phone is incredible! I have been reading these forums for 4 weeks so far and they've rescued me quite a few times which therefore brings me to my question. I'm usually not one to ask but would rather search for the answer to the problem and fix it my self but i'm stuck.
Here goes, I had my sd wiped out due to a application/phone issue and lost all my pictures that were currently residing on the card. Before this transpired I had cropped some very memorable pictures from Christmas of my wife opening her first laptop. these pix were placed in 4 HTC photo frame widgets on my home screen. Well they are still on my home screen but the originals were wiped out from the card. So how can I access and remove them from the phone? I'll assume they are still there somewhere on the phone but I cannot locate the root file they are in. I would greatly appreciate any help with this the pix mean alot, Thanks Guys.

I just realized how I worded towards the end I apologize, I would like to remove them from the phone to keep them if its possible. I have searched but cannot find a solution I'm guessing i may be out of luck on this one. I have narrowed the cause down to snesoid and putting three rom's onto my sd. Something wasn't kosher and it wiped out my pix. I figured out that much due to loading it up again and just by chance rechecked my albums and discovered the new wallpapers i added after this frackus occured were now gone as well. So just to recap Do you think there may be a way to find these images still left in the widget and access/remove them to keep them? Much Thankful, Hasbrobot.

EMS - Were there when you need us !

Upvote 0
I had the same issue. It's quite tantalizing to see your photos on the homescreen, and be completely unable to access them. So I set about finding where the picture frame widget was storing its cached images. Bottom line: I don't know where picture frame is storing it's cache, but I found my 'missing' photos by looking in: Android/data/com.cooliris.media/cache I found TONS of 'deleted' photos there. It's actually a little unsettling. Hope that helps!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones