1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support HTC Repair Service Quality

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by scneni91, Aug 22, 2011.

1. scneni91

scneni91 Lurker
    None

Aug 22, 2011
    Student
    New Jersey/Syracuse
    Hey everyone,

I have had my HTC Droid Incredible 2 on Verizon for just over the past 3 months and I have loved it. Unfortunately the GPS on it has recently died. When ever I use Google maps or navigation it says "Searching for GPS" but never connects. I downloaded a program called GPS test and that too could not find a single. After talking to HTC customer support and restarting, pulling the battery and eventually doing a full factory reset they told me to send it in to get fixed.

I am curious to know if HTC repair service is any good. They gave me a number for a company called PCD in Hauppauge NY. I talked to them on them phone and they told me that after receiving the phone they would determine weather it was a manufacturer error in which case there would be no charge to me since the phone is still under it's 1 year contract, or if it was a user error and that it was my fault that it broke it in wich case I would get charged for a fix. Also I was told that I would have to wait about 2 weeks from shipping to receive my phone. I am wondering if any one has dealt with HTC repair service or PCD and if their repairs are of good quality and prompt or if they cause more headaches and problems then they are worth.

I know that I could get a refurbished phone from Verizon but I have heard to many bad experiences with people receiving broken phone and having to go thorough up to 5 phone exchanges before they get one that works.

Mostly I just want my phone fixed and working again and I want to go about getting it fixed or replaced in the most pain free way possible. Any responses or information would be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Advertisement

2. valorian

valorian Android Expert
    None

Feb 15, 2011
    Male
    Northern Illinois
    The Verizon refurbished units come from the OEM. So whether you send yours in or get a referb. from Verizon, it's all coming from HTC repair service.

3. scneni91

scneni91 Lurker
    None

Aug 22, 2011
    Student
    New Jersey/Syracuse
    Following up on my issue I went to the Verizon store to see if they could help in anyway. When I told them my problem they said that it's not my phone that had an issue but it was the network. He told me that a lot of android phones (mostly HTC and some Motorola) were having my issue and that it was due to an issue on Verizon's part.

To be sure I looked at some of the phones on display at the Verizon store (Incredible 2, Thunderbolt and Droid X2) and all had the same issue as me. My only suspicion though was that the Verizon store I was at was in a mall so I suspect that the lack of signal could be due to the fact that there would be some much structure between the phone in the store and the sky.

I was wondering if any one else was having any GPS issues who are in Central/ Northern NY. I dont believe there is any issue outside of NY because I was in NJ last week and my GPS worked perfectly there.

4. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut?
    VIP Member
    None

Feb 24, 2010
    EMT
    Minneapolis
    I have seen several people in that area with the same problem. It's not your phone. It's VZW.

scneni91 likes this.
  5. mikells43

mikells43 Newbie
    None

Aug 4, 2010
    the gps antenna is the top set of tabs by the camera, make sure there touching the battery door, and if u are using an extended battery i had trouble with my gps on it at first and intermittently. make sure the tabs are touching and not bent, there easy to bend if u lay ur phone in the door loosely and or its not secured to the phone. try that before sending it in. let us know what u discovered. that antenna tab system is a horrible design i think. the bottom sets of tabs are for the cell antenna.

6. scneni91

scneni91 Lurker
    None

Aug 22, 2011
    Student
    New Jersey/Syracuse
    So yesterday everything started to work finally.

I did check the battery cover to see the contact points and they seemed fine.

I appreciate all the help. Thanks everyone.

7. mikells43

mikells43 Newbie
    None

Aug 4, 2010
    thats how mine was, one day it didnt work then bam it started working again.