• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC repairs under warranty - charges

stryker101

Sep 22, 2009
I am sending my HTC Hero (Orange UK) back to HTC for them to tinker with it as it has had absolutely terrible reception for pretty much the entire time that i have owned it.

I had been waiting with each new OS to see if the problem would be fixed. The problem is that the signal fluctuates wildly without manipulating the phone, it will cut out whilst i am on the phone and just resting it on a table it will lose signal for perhaps a few minutes each half hour.

Spoke to Orange on the phone and they said to send it in for repairs to HTC.

Now, my phone has a two cosmetic bumps on it - one graze on the top corner and a tiny gouge on the bottom corner. These are purely cosmetic and I am sure that these have nothing to do with the problem, as it existed before those accidents.

I guess what I am looking for are your experiences with HTC repairs - are they the sort of firm who look for any excuse to claim that you caused the damage and void your warranty?

If they do claim that the signal problem is my fault, is the burden on me to prove that I did not cause it, or them to prove that I did?

hmm.. I don't have the answer to this one, but I am suprised that Orange told you to send it to HTC. When I've had issues with my HTC handsets in the past (not with current hero yet) Orange have swopped out the handset.
Since the problem appears to be with your connection I would have expected Orange to take responsibility for the phone, as it's their rom and "software" loaded on it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones