• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HTC response to Unlock Bootloader for Desire HD

springy

Android Enthusiast
Oct 31, 2010
Hi, I thought I would ask the question to HTC about the recent announcement for unlocking the bootloader, and to see if they are coming to the Desire HD, this is what I got

Dear XXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting HTC regarding your Desire HD

I understand that you are inquiring about the bootloader of your device. We are currently developing new bootloader unlocked software for your phone. HTC is still committed to allowing our customers to unlock the bootloaders if they wish, however we are still implementing the policy and many updates were already finalized prior to our change in policy. We apologize for the inconvenience, but be assured that we are working on a solution for our customers and our commitment has not changed. Please stay tuned to our official channels for ongoing updates on how we will be implementing this policy. Thank you for your patience.

I hope that this information meets with your requirements, should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us again.
If this response has resolved your query, and you have no further questions please close this ticket by following the link below. Upon closure of the ticket you will be invited to complete our Customer Satisfaction Survey which should take no more than 1 minute to complete.

To send a reply to this message or let me know I have successfully answered your question log in to our Contact Us site using your email address and your ticket number 11XXXXXXXXXX.

Sincerely,

Kevin

HTC

I know you can root the phone, but thought I share this. And for people like me who want to backup the data before they root, this is necessary...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones