1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC Rezound internal storage question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ChrisMims, Mar 8, 2012.

1. ChrisMims

ChrisMims Lurker

My HTC Rezound is saving all downloaded files to the internal storage by default. If I want to access my external sd card, I have to go to mnt/sdcard/ext_sd.

Is there any way that I can turn off the internal storage? I want all of my files saved to my sd card in case something happens to my phone. I've never seen this before on an android phone.

Can I change the defauld sd card directory to go straight to my sd card?

Thanks,
    Chris

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Hello Chris and welcome to Android Forums. You can tell most of your market apps to install to your SD card. You can also have your camera set to save your pics to it as well. Some apps will, by design, install to the phones internal storage or at least require a footprint there to operate correctly.. as it was written that way.
    I hope this helps.

3. ChrisMims

ChrisMims Lurker

Thank you. But not all apps recognize the phone storage and sd card separately. My texting app, GO SMS, always downloads images to a downloads folder in the phone's internal storage, because that is the mnt/sdcard directory.

4. colornshape

colornshape Android Enthusiast

I think Dropbox lets you automatically send all your camera pictures to your Dropbox as you take them. Not a total solution, but maybe that will help with your camera shots, at least.

Matt

5. hgoldner

hgoldner Well-Known Member

Over on xda there's a technique for swapping mount points for internal sdcard and external. That was one thing I miss from the Incredible days of "\emmc" versus "\sdcard". (Incidentally, the ICS leak alters the mount points still further).

HTC Rezound Forum

The HTC Rezound release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1620mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews