1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC RHYME verizon screaming HELP!!!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Wacky13, May 18, 2013.

1. Wacky13

Wacky13 Newbie

well i have been trying to figure out how to root my HTC Rhyme model:ADR6330VW
    *** TAMPERED ***
    *** UNLOCKED ***
    BLISS XC SHIP S-ON RL
    HBOOT-1.32.0011
    RADIO-1.23.00.0224
    eMMC-boot

and i believe i have completely erased EVERYTHING off my phone and i dont know how to get back to the original state

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME

, when i try to use ADB it doesnt list my device and i dont know why.
    when i use fastboot it lists my device, i have downloaded all kinds of files from the htcdev.com i dont think im using them right.

i just am not sure how to use them because it always gives me some kind of error. i have been searching for a RUU application for my phone but when i try to use it it gives me an error that its not for my phone

the last 4 days my phone has been useless to me and i just want it back, does anyone know how i can recover from this terrible situation?
    i dont know where to get a boot.img or a recovery.img or a zip or anything for my HTC Rhyme phone
    :mad::mad::mad::thinking::thinking::thinking:
    well i found the cwm recovery for my phone and flashed that so now im able to get my sd card mounted/ what do i do next? i still am not able to find a zip for my phone
    :eek::eek:
    okay now i think im getting some where i flashed a two recovery images, then i relocked my bootloader, and ran the RUU that was very outdated but it WORKED!!!:dancing: i now have some access to my phone im having trouble getting service on my phone so i can dial *228 also when i dial the ##778 or the ##PROGRAM to enter in my settings when i hit commit modifications it takes me into this bootloop! does anyone know how to fix the bootloop?? or know how i can get service??:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. aprilx0x

aprilx0x Newbie

scotty85 likes this.
  3. aprilx0x

aprilx0x Newbie

Oh gawd I just did the same thing to my phone!!! CAN SOME PLEASE HELP ? Mine is saying the same thing!

UPDATE- Finally got it restarted and its back to normal!

4. Wacky13

Wacky13 Newbie

how did you get it back to normal? everytime i cut my phone off it goes into a boot loop when i turn it back on

5. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

Have you tried flashing a rom through recovery? If you wiped everything then your phone has nothing to boot. I would try flashing a rom first, the stock rom if we can find it.

6. Wacky13

Wacky13 Newbie

im not sure how to flash a rom through recovery, i would if i followed the steps correctly.

i did flash the RUU for radio 1.15.00.0816 from the htcdev.com which downgraded my phone. but i got it to boot up, but if i have to reprogram or cut off my phone for any reason it goes in to a bootloop when i start it up. i wanna update it back to what it was radio 1.23.00.0224 or better if possible, also i atleast want it rooted. so i can download certain apps that need root access.

7. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

I'm kind of confused. Your phone is s-on so you shouldn't be able to downgrade with an ruu. The security checks should be preventing that. Is there more than one ruu for your phone? You should be able to upgrade via ruu or get back up and running after a successful ruu.

scotty85 likes this.
  8. Wacky13

Wacky13 Newbie

yes i did get it back running but its the verison of the RUU is a older one, and i tried to use a different one to get it back to a newer verison which is the european one. and it doesnt seem to work or im doing it wrong. besides that, the RUUs are not for verizon use, so i think that is a big issue too.

im also still new to this but im pretty sure that it downgraded some how, atleast from what i see on my apps, like the google store says "market" instead of playstore, and my phone wont update when i check for new updates, and i think its because of my carrier verizon

the software was 2.20.605.371ORD but is now 1.26.605.11 <which is an older verison correct?

9. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

I see Verizon ruu's here: http://goo.im/ruu/bliss

Is your phone cdma or gsm? I assume cdma. I'm not sure why you are using the European version. The link I posted above has 2 Verizon ruu's for cdma. Even if you run an older ruu, you can then take the OTA updates that will update you to the newest.

The bootloader needs to be locked before running an ruu because you are s-on. The number you are asking about is the main version number. It doesn't necessarily tell you anything as it can be altered by flashing files. You might not have the firmware or software that matches that main version.

If your phone is cdma lock the bootloader with fastboot oem lock then attempt to run the correct ruu. I don't have your device so make sure it's right before running the Ruu. There are two in there for htc rhyme (bliss) cdma Verizon wireless. You'd probably want the newer of the two.

scotty85 likes this.
  10. Wacky13

Wacky13 Newbie

yes it is cdma, i was trying to use the european because i read in a different thread that someone use a china one that was compatible with english, so i figured the european would too. What is OTA update? how do i do an OTA update?

11. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

They might have had a gsm model. If you are gsm and supercid the phone you can all the gsm ruu's can be used. But you need to avoid gsm stuff on a cdma phone. If you were s-off and flashing gsm firmware you could permanently brick the phone.

OTA is over the air update. Just the software updates from Verizon. You can manually check for updates in your settings. Not sure of the exact location for you but under about phone maybe? Haven't been stock in a long time.

I have to get to bed. Hopefully you have enough information to head in the right direction. I will check back when I wake up :)

scotty85 likes this.
  12. Wacky13

Wacky13 Newbie

no i havent bricked my phone, i dont even know how to get s-off,

but i was saying earlier my phone wont manually update through the about me section in my phone. it says that i dont have service BUT I DO!!! and i have wi-fi too. yet it wont update.

do i use the OTA-updatecenter.pro program to update my phone?

oh and i have no clue how to root my phone. i have to an htc evo but this htc rhyme seems to be totally different. and more confusing. i cant seem to find a root guide for mine.

okay thank you

13. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

Is the phone activated? I guess I'm a little confused as to what exactly is going on. An ruu should really fix all of your problems. I am going to PM scotty85 to come look at your thread. He is really good with all htc devices.

The basic rooting process should be the same for all though. Unlock bootloader, custom recovery, Root.

Did you have a look at the ruu link I posted?

scotty85 likes this.
  14. scotty85

scotty85 Extreme Android User

im a little confused as well,i think a bit more info may be in order.

if you could do the following,and then copy/paste the results:

then let us have a link for the RUU that you used.

i think from that we can straighten it out. ;)

in a nutshell,we should:
    -run an ruu(possibly the one you used before,but not neccessarily)
    -factory reset from hboot
    -give the phone an hour or so for servce to start.
    -if you dont get service back,i would:
    1)dial *228
    failing that #1,then:
    2)call vzw from anotehr phone and see if they can walk you thru reprogramming manually

Brian706 likes this.
  15. Wacky13

Wacky13 Newbie

sorry i know your probably confused because i dont know exactly what im doing, last night i downloaded the RUU from the link you posted,

my phone is activated
    i re-locked my phone. and started running the RUU
    when it says which image version its replacing , it doesnt show anything
    but it did work. i havent done a OTA update, i wasnt sure how to do it and i was tired and didnt wanna mess anything up trying to do it

so a RUU doesnt give me root access correct? im pretty sure it doesnt. and i have been trying to follow the instructions in the other links for rooting like the http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1812911 (HTC RHYME (BLISS) ICS 4.0.3 ) but they have said it doesnt work for verizon so i didnt attempt to do it.

16. Wacky13

Wacky13 Newbie

okay i will do that. but in the end if i do have to call verizon and have them reprogram it manually, will that cause my phone to go into a bootloop? because when i did it recently, thats what it did.

also should i ask the to give me an authentication key? im not sure what the A key is for but ive seen its very important to have one with verizon, and when a verizon phone is rooted the A key is erased and need a new one.

17. Wacky13

Wacky13 Newbie

i have the HTC drivers already installed, do i need to install those specific drivers?
    also i cant pull the battery from my phone

i tried installing the HTC drivers it said my computer doesnt support it.

C:\>cd c:\mini-adb

c:\mini-adb>fastboot devices
    HT19W.... fastboot

c:\mini-adb>fastboot getvar all
    INFOversion: 0.5
    INFOversion-bootloader: 1.32.0004
    INFOversion-baseband: 1.15.00.0816
    INFOversion-cpld: None
    INFOversion-microp: None
    INFOversion-main: 1.26.605.11
    INFOserialno: HT19W.....
    INFOimei: 35519500......
    INFOproduct: blissc
    INFOplatform: HBOOT-7630
    INFOmodelid: PI4611000
    INFOcidnum: VZW__001
    INFObattery-status: good
    INFObattery-voltage: 4290mV
    INFOpartition-layout: Generic
    INFOsecurity: on
    INFObuild-mode: SHIP
    INFOboot-mode: FASTBOOT
    INFOcommitno-bootloader: dirty-5dd1782f
    INFOhbootpreupdate: 12
    INFOgencheckpt: 0
    all: Done!
    finished. total time: 0.034s

i used the first RUU file from http://goo.im/ruu/bliss

my phone currently wont turn on! its in a boot loop! im so sick of factory reseting my phone because i have to start all over again!

18. scotty85

correct. the ruu,does not give you root access,it will restore all partitions to stock.

the link you provided is for a custom rom,flashed via recovery,for a gsm phone. it wont work for verizon because the custom recovery you need is different,and also the rom itself is set up slightly different. cdma and gsm roms are similar,but not directly compatible.

i have no idea what the reprogramming could have done to trigger the bootloop. if they tell you what settings to change,the result should be a working phone. if the radio itself has somehow become damaged,i guess attempts to change programming could have lots of different results,including bootloops.

as for the authentification key,im not sure what that is,and i doubt its important(unless youre trying to flash the device to a different cdma provider). ive been rooting htc phones for for a couple years now and have not ever heard of such a thing :eek:

assuming you used the first file( Goo.im Downloads - Downloading RUU_Bliss_C_VERIZON_WWE_1.26.605.11_Radio_1.15.00.0816_NV_VZW2.67_release_222889_signed.exe ) then that ruu is fine,it matches your main version(see red above)

so what we should do is basically what i said earlier:
    1)run that ruu
    2)factory reset in hboot
    3)give the phone a while to get signal. ive actually seen it take a couple hours(tho admittedly that is not common)
    4)if you dont get signal eventually,dial *228,failing that,call vzw.

hopefully that gets you sorted :)

Wacky13 and Brian706 like this.
  19. Wacky13

Wacky13 Newbie

that RUU only matches because i i flashed it last night.

I DID already run the RUU and my phone is doing a boot loop.

i have also got my phone reprogrammed too, so something else is wrong its NOT at the original state!. when i first purchased the phone i had

HBOOT-1.32.0011
    RADIO-1.23.00.0224
    emmc-boot
    dec 22,2011

now it says
    HBOOT-1.32.0004
    RADIO-1.15.00.0816
    emmc-boot
    oct 6 2011

my phone DOES work i can call and text and everything its just that if my phone powers off i cant power on! because of the boot loop!

20. scotty85

that does not matter at this point. your phone allowed the ruu to run,by not having a main version number for the utility to compare. whats important,is that there is a main version present now,and you can only run RUUs that are the same or numerically higher.

im well aware of your issue,and realize you did run it allready. my directions are to run it AGAIN ;)

then follow the rest of the directions:

you can place the phone into fastboot mode(choose "fastboot" from the hboot menu) and start the utility. if you still have trouble getting the utility to run,we can give directions to another way to run it. :)

Wacky13, Brian706 and Granite1 like this.
  21. Wacky13

Wacky13 Newbie

okay running the RUU again

thank you. IT WORKED!! but how can i do a software update? because when i try to do it manually its not updating.

also do you know of a thread that i can use to root my phone besides the gsms one since those are not for my phone?

and if i get my phone to be s-off and get super CID can i then be able to upgrade to any custom rom, such as the ICS 4.0

scotty85 and Brian706 like this.
  22. Wacky13

Wacky13 Newbie

i was wondering if i super cid my phone can i then use any RUU? also i cant seem to find a thread to help me on how to root my phone the ones available i guess are for gsm

now that i know
    The supercid is for gsm users.
    and You should never flash anything gsm on a cdma phone. It's just bad news.

The rooting process is exactly the same for cdma and gsm. It just a matter of getting the right recovery for the phone.

i guess now im in search for a recovery for my phone, if any luck finding one can you please post here
    i got a recovery.img from http://androidforums.com/rhyme-all-things-root/601333-recovery-cwm-touch-recovery-gsm-cdma.html

is this what i needed? i know i need a rom too, im a little worried i cant seem to find one for my phone

23. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

So were you successful with the ruu? Are you Returned to stock and able to use the phone again? We need to know exactly where you are and what exactly you are trying to accomplish.

The recovery can be found here: http://4urore.net/android/rhyme/11-recovery/3-clockworkmod-6-0-1-0-for-the-rhyme

But we need to get on the same page. I'm still unsure of what you are trying to accomplish and what state your phone is in currently.

Don't go any further or use the recovery yet. Let's try to get on the same page first.

scotty85 and Wacky13 like this.
  24. Wacky13

Wacky13 Newbie

yes the RUU was successful i posted earlier that i got my phone working again with a stock. its not the original one that i had with my phone but it will due, because my phone has stopped with the boot loop.

i have that exact recovery downloaded and before i flashed the RUU i had that recovery on my phone, so i dont think its been erased, do i need to flash it again now that my phone has been relocked? i dont think i can with it being locked.

my phone is working properly, what im looking for now is how to do an OTA update, my phone currently will not let my do an update manually, and the steps on how to root my phone with a rom for my phone.

scotty85 likes this.
  25. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

So did you or did you not run the Ruu again as scotty85 suggested? If your phone is fully stock and working you should be able to unlock the bootloader again: fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin

Then flash recovery: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Then this is where you may be getting stuck. If you want to stay stock but add root just flash superuser through recovery.

If you are trying to flash a rom (This is important since you are s-on) use the command: fastboot boot recovery.img

To boot your recovery rather than just selecting recovery from the bootloader. Being s on prevents you from flashing the kernel with a rom, but booting the recovery through fastboot will allow you to do this. The rom cannot boot without the boot.img being flashed. So doing this will flash the boot.img with the rom. That may have been your problem last time.

Also make sure you are using a cdma rom and not a gsm version. That will cause problems and will result in no phone service I believe.

zwilnik and scotty85 like this.

HTC Rhyme Forum

The HTC Rhyme release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1600mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews