1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HTC - Ringtone Trimmer

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mched, Mar 14, 2012.

1. mched

mched Well-Known Member

I was wondering if any of you out there are having trouble with the built in ringtone trimmer that is accessible via the stock music app.
    When I open the stock music player you are supposed to be able to press menu - more -set as ringtone, and a window pops up that shows the name of the song, phone ringtone and contact ringtone. There is supposed to be a 3rd option of "Trim ringtone" but I don't get that option. I called HTC support and they had no clue except to say, "have you tried to reboot the phone".
    I also have the HTC Incredible and my wife has the Incredible 2 and it also does not work on those devices.
    I know it's not that big of a deal and that there are apps in the market that can do this but it makes me wonder, if this does not work then there may be other built in HTC apps that don't work.
    Thanks

pirate943 likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. christicdc

christicdc Newbie

I just checked this out on my phone. It works with some songs and doesn't with others. On some it gives the option to set as ringtone or contact ringtone and then on others it gives me those options and trim ringtone. Maybe it has to do with where it was bought or something. I don't know but it sure is weird.

3. ToyotaTacoma

ToyotaTacoma Android Enthusiast

For me, it likes some files, but some it won't allow. I think it depends on how I loaded the music originally to my computer...

4. Robq81

Robq81 Newbie

i noticed it works on my mp3's but not on my .wma's.....i think that's the issue. Same thing when i had Ringdroid to trim my music it only worked for .mp3.

5. mched

mched Well-Known Member

After doing some searching on the web, it turns out that it only works with songs that are in mp3 format and most of my songs are wma's.
    I'm glad that I did not listen to the HTC customer service rep and do a factory reset.

6. colornshape

colornshape Android Enthusiast

7. pirate943

pirate943 Well-Known Member

had no idea that was even there...i just use google music...thanks for the tip

HTC Rezound Forum

The HTC Rezound release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1620mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews