1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support HTC S won't play video's

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JLouiseR, Feb 10, 2014.

1. JLouiseR

JLouiseR Lurker
    None

Feb 10, 2014
    Hi guys,

This is my first time trying this app and I'm hoping that I get an answer to my question without having to buy a new phone.

Anyhow, getting to the point my HTC S has decided to not play video's; it keeps coming up with - Sorry, this video cannot be played.

It was working perfectly well last night and this morning so I don't understand why all of a sudden its become an issue.

Hopefully there is someone who knows how to resolve this problem and I would very much appreciate if you could share your knowledge :)

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    It's one of two things. Either the app that's playing the videos got corrupted or the videos themselves got corrupted.

Download another video and see if it plays. Move the nad video to your computer and see of it plays. Install a different video player to your phone and see if it plays the videos.

Then you'll be able to determine it it's a bad video or a bad player. It's always possible that it's a bad phone, but that would be FAR down on my list, right after "the videos just don't want to play".

3. JLouiseR

JLouiseR Lurker
    None

Feb 10, 2014
    Thank you very much for your help! After trying out re-downloading video software, checking my settings & turning it off an on one way or another I've fixed it.

I'm not sure if it's on other phones but with HTC's you can opt to restart the phone rather than switch it off an on. Maybe it closes all apps etc and restarts fresh like a computer if you will.

Many thanks to you for taking your time to help me out :)

Tags: