1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support HTC Sensation 4G O2 MMS Settings Help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Einstein2000, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Einstein2000

Einstein2000 Lurker
    None

Hi All

Had a look for help all over the place but really struggling!

I am an O2 customer and have purchased a HTC Sensation 4G phone from Amazon.co.uk. Turns out its a T-Mobile branded phone but SIM Free. Its actually one of the T-Mobile for USA phones I think.

Everything works with my O2 account now that I have had them change the data plan to a HTC one from my previous Blackberry but the only thing that I cannot do is send and receive MMS messages. :mad:

I have spent the last 3 days online with O2 and also hunting around the net to get the settings. Lots of ideas but nothing works.

Beginning to think I should have not got the T-Mobile branded phone as maybe something is conflicting with O2?

Does anyone have any ideas?

Simon

PS Apart from this, the phone is brilliant! :)

Advertisement

2. kenman345

kenman345 Lurker
    None

Jun 14, 2010
    I am in the US and have the T-Mobile version of the Sensation 4G as well. I am using it with T-Mobile and also seem to be having a similar issue. I noticed it yesterday for the first time and have yet to call T-Mobile up and find out if it has to do with my account (since i know i pay straight out for MMS) and they locked it from my number, or if it's a issue related to the phone. Since your phone is unlocked (i assume) maybe look into the new update that got OTA to the European Sensations and if you can do that, maybe it is a known issue they fixed.

3. behold_this

behold_this Android Expert
    None

Nov 18, 2009
    You didn't look very hard the answer can be found within android forums...make sure you have the correct apns for mms. This is what it should be:

Name: O2 Post Pay
    APN: wap.o2.co.uk
    UserName: o2wap
    Password: password
    MMSC: http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002
    MMS Proxy: 193.113.200.195
    MMS Port: 8080
    MCC: 234
    MNC: 10
    APN Type: mms

Einstein2000 likes this.